Star Wars Bring Home the Bounty Product Reveals

I like those SH figures.

Book of Boba Fett Throne Room Boba Fett Black Series Figure is now live for pre-order!

$32 ???

■■■■ that

He’s not really deluxe, is he? They just packed his helmet and backpack next to him in the pack instead of on his body.

1 Like

Hasbro is just sort of jumping the shark these days. They need to take a good hard look at the market and the items folks really want. The fact that the Rancor Haslab was an utter failure should be a hint.

Also, that fountain replica statue is a crock of horseshit…thing was sculpted/created by the Amazing Larry Noble. Not a mention of him on the ordering page…not a single nod and he had zero sign off on the product (per his own report).

Among the greatest Star Wars related sculptors (if not the greatest)…and zero credit with regards to a direct copy of his work?..Disgusting

1 Like

Really? I wasn’t aware! Cancelling my order of that.

1 Like

It does kind of suck that in the past two months we have gotten a Holiday Special Boba Fett, Tython Boba Fett, Throne Room Boba Fett, and I think 3-4 different versions of Mando all in the Black Series without even addressing all the versions in TVC, yet it’s pulling teeth to get a single alien into the line.

Hammerhead, Sly Snootles, Max Rebo, Figrin D’An with the rest of the Cantina band, Amanaman, Gran, Aqualish, the list goes on.

Honestly, I have Tython Boba and I think three Hot Toys incoming over the next three months or so. I have no real interest in (or space for) Black Series or figures in general after that. My true focus is comics and I’m happiest there. I can only deal with one collectible market’s bullshit at a time.

2 Likes

I would usually take that sort of news (about the statue) with a grain of salt or assume it was exaggerated news, but I literally saw Larry post and comment about it on another SW artist friend of mines post relative to it/advertising the statue. He was clearly upset about it.

Well, I ordered one because I have a little Yoda shrine in my office with two pictures of the statue from when I was in the area. On picture is of Yoda alone and the other is me holding my hand out and it looks like I have a tiny Yoda in my hand.

I thought it would be cool to have a little statue along with those pictures, but if the artist is getting short shrift, then that’s a no go. Won’t support it. It was expensive to begin with, so easy pass now.

1 Like

The Sideshow link lists artist as “mrffp”

1 Like

Definitely want a Fennec figure.

1 Like

I’m considering either switching to 3.75 or just dropping Hasbro figures entirely.

Its back again this year !