Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Yeah. Viiveen daughter of Senator Yarua:

4 Likes

Quick heads up that we put together a new post that is going to be used as a shortcut to all of our reading order and variant posts. It’s gonna stay pinned to the top of the home page.

12 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Ki-Adi-Mundi sighting

6 Likes

This week marked the release of the manga adaptation of my favorite episode of Star Wars: Visions, The Ninth Jedi, in Big Gangan Vol 8.

The issue features the first appearances of Lah Kara, 99-99, Ethan, Margrave Juro, and many others.

We also see the symbol on Juro’s cloak which some say is a variation of the Fulcrum symbol.

This issue also continues our journey with the Mandalorian.
It features the first appearance of Chibi-Din, as well as fan-favorite, IG-11.

6 Likes

The art is spectacular

2 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait for mine to come in this week!

3 Likes

I’m not looking to start another cameo/first appearance discussion - we have gone down that road one too many times

Just curious how buy and hold collectors are buying Mando #1 vs. #2? Same, less or more copies than #1

1 Like

i bought both, im skipping issue 3, and i wont touch issue 4 till i get confirmation cara dune is in it. which with her not being on any cover make me think they may have cut her

2 Likes

I have 2 copies of Mando 1A, 1 of action figure variant. 1 copy preorder for 2A. May pick up another copy from my LCS off shelve.

15 copies of Darth Vader 20 Sprouse variant first print (first Mando and Grogu cover in modern comic)

4 Likes

She’ll be in it. The only regular characters who’ve been on any non “concept art” cover have been Grogu and Mando even though there are 1st apps of Greef, Armorer, Pershing, Kuiil, IG11 (is on the concept art cover though) Mythrol, etc.

She’s also in the Panini Graphic novel for season 1 that came out in May so they’re not scrubbing the character from everything. I wouldn’t read too much into the cover thing.

1 Like

Death of a Jedi Master, Ahsoka Novel retcon, Dooku Origin, all allegedly leaked.

2 Likes

I don’t see why an actor being an idiot would be reason not to write about a character he/she portrayed on tv.

No I am not buying much of issue 2, just a copy
Of A and any other covers I like…I think the concept art cover may be it.

Grogu makes an appearance on issue 1, and is on the cover on several of them. Issue 2 has nothing going for it spec wise based on content

The Panini original graphic novel and even the screen comix book have more spec potential than issue 2, in my opinion. If that’s where this is going.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not like they’re going back and editing them out on the episodes they appeared in. The character has an integral part of the story, writing them out would strip so much of the story.

I don’t think this is going to turn out to be correct. DV 20 is already first cover. The ‘full appearance’ crowd will want 2.

2 Likes

@drunkwooky you buying this ?

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/2022-topps-star-wars-finest-hobby.html

That “or sketch card” really burns you.

These guys do a good job breaking down these products: 2022 Topps Finest Star Wars Checklist, Set Info, Boxes, Reviews

Here’s the list of potential autographs if you get an autograph:

FA-AB Ahmed Best
FA-ABR Anna Brewster
FA-AD Annabelle Davis
FA-AE Alden Ehrenreich
FA-AH Alan Harris
FA-AP Angelique Perrin
FA-APE Alistair Petrie
FA-AS Andy Serkis
FA-AT Alan Tudyk
FA-BL Billie Lourd
FA-BM Ben Mendelsohn
FA-BV Brian Vernel
FA-CA Cas Anvar
FA-CB Caroline Blakiston
FA-CC Crystal Clarke
FA-CH Clint Howard
FA-CM Cameron Monaghan
FA-CP Chris Parsons
FA-DB Dante Briggins
FA-DBB Dee Bradley Baker
FA-DG Domhnall Gleeson
FA-DM Dominic Monaghan
FA-DY Donnie Yen
FA-EK Erin Kellyman
FA-ES Emily Swallow
FA-FW Forest Whitaker
FA-GG Greg Grunberg
FA-GT George Takei
FA-IL Ian Whyte
FA-IMC Ian McElhinney
FA-JA Josef Altin
FA-JB Jeremy Bulloch
FA-JC Jim Cummings
FA-JD Julie Dolan
FA-JI Jason IsaacsFA-JS Jason Spisak
FA-JT John Tui
FA-KK Katy Kartwheel
FA-KMT Kelly Marie Tran
FA-LC Lily Cole
FA-MC Michaela Cottrell
FA-MD Mark Dodson
FA-MM Mads Mikkelsen
FA-MS Meredith Salenger
FA-MW Matthew Wood
FA-NA Naomi Ackie
FA-OFD Oliver Ford Davies
FA-PA Philip Alexander
FA-PB Paul Bettany
FA-PK Paul Kasey
FA-PL Phil Lamarr
FA-PRU Paul Reubens
FA-PW Paul Warren
FA-RB Richard Brake
FA-RG Rusty Goffe
FA-RO Rena Owen
FA-RP Ron Perlman
FA-SL Scott Lawrence
FA-SMG Sarah Michelle Gellar
FA-SST Stephen Stanton
FA-SW Sam Witwer
FA-TB Tom Baker
FA-TC Tim Curry
FA-TE Tom Edden
FA-TR Tim Rose
FA-VK Valene Kane
FA-VR Vinette Robinson
FA-WD Warwick Davis
FA-WH Werner Herzog

You can buy a lot of those autographs on the secondary market for sub-$20.

May the odds forever be in your favor!

3 Likes

Not a comic but these are some of the cooler looking books ive seen in a while.