Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Since its a cover C they only had to buy 1k.

Its…a…store…variant.

A real NYCC exclusive variant is put out from the publisher.

Reedpop (who run NYCC) is a whore. They are just as bad as Wizard World. Will put their name on ANYTHING…

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/explore/merch.html

2 Likes

Cover C? Unless they had other Vader #25 exclusives right?

Yeah, this isn’t a Marvel NYCC exclusive. It’s just a store variant NYCC exclusive. It’s still sort of a convention exclusive but not from Marvel.

2 Likes

Haha… kind of like Stan Lee… that dude would sign anything… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

a real con exclusive wouldnt have a store logo on the back

Where can I find this official ruling on con exclusives?

1 Like

Yeah they did an A/B in July

https://www.mikemayhewstudio.com/collections/star-wars-darth-vader-25-mike-mayhew-studio-variant-collection

No true. Trinity Comics had their logo on all there Mandalorian 1 SDCC. And other SDCC books

And its the reason why I don’t buy from him. Remove the Tie fighters and call it a new cover. No thank you

those were given out at the trinity booth not the marvel booth, they are not real con books, books sold at the publishers booths are real

1 Like

I dunno, guys. We’ve already addressed the Mayhew pattern. I don’t think we really need to pile on with the hate here. If people like it and want to buy it, let them. Don’t yuck somebody else’s yum.

I also think a “Con Exclusive” and a “Store Exclusive Sold at a Con with the Con’s Logo Officially Licensed and Displayed on the Back” is an exceedingly thin hair to split.

I dunno, you guys can get all worked up about this if you want. Or you can just continue about your day…

3 Likes

I did a Baltimore comic con CHU exclusive years ago. In order to get the logo on there I had to contact Baltimore, submit what I was doing, and get permission. It was approved and sold through the Scout table and on the main site.

Feels like splitting hairs on the designation. Yes, it’s not from the publisher and through a store and carried a store logo, but no reason to shoot the messenger on it.

i only point it out so people know before buying those books at over inflated prices, also stores lie about those print runs, that mando book has 3k color 1k bw print run minimum. people/collectors deserve to know the truth about what there buying

1 Like

True. It’s just that @Im_super_into_that is just reporting the news in our DrunkWooky.com format: “Star Wars Comics News.” Like @Anthony said, don’t shoot the messenger over it.

Sometimes coming here to the forum is a real drag, because you post a simple thing and a deluge of negativity comes your way. We’re not saying to buy every exclusive. Hell, I don’t really buy any of them. However, I also don’t go on a ranting crusade to ruin everybody else’s excitement every time a new cover is announced.

I dunno. Do what you will. Sometimes, though, I think it’s best for us to just say nothing, even online. We get it. There are probably stores who are lying and not destroying 2,000+ covers.

We get it, there are too many store exclusives and it is exceedingly unlikely any will retain or increase in value.

I’m also not directing this at you @Kevin .You just happen to be the last comment I’m replying to. I’m saying it to the community at large. It also doesn’t even just apply to store variant opinions. We have a number of redundant and obnoxious opinions across this forum that were fine when they were stated the first time. They just become really grating after the umpteenth time hearing them.

It’s personally why I’ve stopped coming here so much. It’s routinely a pretty negative experience here on CHU Forums now.

@Im_super_into_that was saying “here’s a new exclusive Mayhew announced. Like it or don’t like it. These are the facts.”

8 Likes

I can’t get past the fact that Vader looks like the Boogie Man on this cover…

I didn’t read it that way from @Gbess , he’s just expressing his reasons for not buying it himself. Everyone is entitled to share why they themselves buy or don’t buy something.

1 Like

Yeah, I ended up not buying the first round of these because I just wasn’t drawn to the cover.

Ok. That addresses one particular comment out of 11 ranging from calling ReedPop whores, posting vomit memes, and calling stores in general liars and implying fraud over print runs over somebody simply posting images of an exclusive.

It was an excessively negative response. It sucks. It makes the forum suck a little more.

5 Likes

Also, this topic has turned into just anything Star Wars instead of “spec” like it originally was intended. Perhaps the convention exclusives and or store exclusives should go in the other topics dedicated to such things.