Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

If SW #9 is Sana’s first cover who is that on the cover of #4 facing Darth Vader? I assumed it was Sana based on her outfit in the book and no other characters in the issue has an outfit that could be them from behind.

I think your right… I guess I just like her full face on the cover, it showcases her better. Just my humble opinion. Thanks, looks like I have to pick up more SW4.

Issue 1 was obviously pumped to the max.

What did issues 2, 3 and 4 rank relative to other books? 150k is still a lot. Even back then.

First frontal appearance.

Issue #4 for Refernce.

Saying Issue 4 is a cameo is like saying every Darth Vader appearance was a cameo until Luke took his helmet off in Jedi issue #3.

3 Likes

Issue #6 for reference.

3 Likes

just treat it like kanan 1 and 6, buy both

3000 copies for the GameStop variant

The reason the mask for her and Darth Vader would be different is Vader for the majority wears a mask this character only wears the mask briefly and never wears it again so that is why some would call it a cameo.

I wrote down the rankings when researching so they are as follows:
1 - 1st - 985k+
2 - 4th - 162k+
3 - 2nd - 161k+
4 - 1st - 203k+
5 - 5th - 146k+

Secret Wars was a huge seller and other SW books outsold the SW title at times. I wasn’t collecting when it came out so I was surprised Star Wars sold at the #s it did.

1 Like

Darth Vader #30 (OCT221173 - STAR WARS DARTH VADER #30 - Previews World) says “Look for more information on this title in a future Marvel Previews!” Is this a lazy, we-didn’t-turn-in-copy thing, or are they deliberately not saying what the issue is about?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen in the past, they do that when there is a new character in the book. Couple of ASM issues come to mind. I could be wrong thpugh :man_shrugging:

29 already mentions a new character. So I’m wondering if there might be some other surprise character tied to the new one, or some sort of event or something that comes from 29 that they don’t want to spoil yet.

1 Like

Star Wars Darth Vader #30
Star Wars Darth Vader #30 (Noto Variant)
Star Wars Darth Vader #30 (Return Jedi 40th Anniv Sprouse Variant)

Could be…

Holy cow.

1 Like

Wow. Those are pricey. I ordered 2 from The Comic Corner when they made them available before the show. I haven’t heard anything from them since. I’ve never dealt with them before. Hopefully they get them shipped out soon.

Hopefully they don’t do you dirty!

1 Like

Watch the 2nd print be a virgin color and the price tank.

4 Likes

Mentions JUL TAMBOR who appears to be new but from what it sounds like from the solicit may not make it out of the issue alive.