Star Wars High Republic #4 Mayhew Variant Speculation

Mayhew strikes again with this Avar Kriss cover :fire:

Limited to
3000 trade $20 ($30 with signature and COA)
1000 virgin and trade sets $55 ($75 with signature and COA)

March 19th 9am PST/12pm EST

I’m no expert on Star Wars so I’m going to turn this over to @drunkwooky to confirm if this is a first cover appearance

1 Like

Soooooo tired of Avar Kriss covers…

1 Like

She is ready to defeat the forces of Mordor just in time to join the Hobbits for 2nd breakfast.

1 Like

Two or three High Republic #1 variants compete for first Avar Kriss cover.

This is pretty, but I don’t know if I’ll grab it.

2 Likes

Zelda got an upgrade

2 Likes

we speculate covers now?
we speculate what happens in the books

Sure… covers can cause demand and heat. Look at ASM #55… nobody cared what happened on the inside… everyone ended up wanting it for the cover. :wink:

5 Likes

I bought it for all the monologuing myself.

NOT!

I wonder if CGC would be amenable to grading just the cover, without the inside, as a special variant

5 Likes

HAHAHAHA, the “no guts” variant.

3 Likes

Colors remind me of the Hans variant, which everyone should have multiples of btw if you’re doing spec right.

Sheeeeeeeeeet.

The more and more I look at it, the more I think I’ll end up trying to get it. I won’t pull my hair out doing it, but I’ll show up tomorrow and see if I can just grab the trade dress.

The only content hinted at occurring in #4 is Sskeer turning straight up dark side. Maybe. So, I’m not hot on the contents’ spec-worthiness. It’s also not Avar Kriss’ first anything, cameo, appearance, cover or otherwise. It’s a pretty cover though.

1 Like

Assuming Disney does things right, Avar Kriss will be a household name within a couple years. Once that happens this would likely heat up, I am going for a set but that is it.

I actually like this one.

I like the Mayhew for the flip. Buy the set keep the trade