Star Wars Mandalorian Comic Series | Variants Thread

I was having a discussion with some collectors and most agree that this comic is unknown to the figure collectors and such. I collect legends black series etc. And when speaking to that crowd that just knows old comics or whatever bleeds over to there news feed, they were unaware of the comic. These are definitely holds but I foresee the back pedaling for copies when the show drops again.

1 Like

Well, unless the UK version is different, he’s on a few pages at the end of issue #1.

I’d say more full than cameo. But no one is going to say issue #2 is the Grogu book to own.

Reading the UK book, first appearances of note:

Issue #2:
Paz Vizsla

Issue #3:
Cara Dune

Issue #4:
Peli Motto
Fennec Shan’s

Issue #5:
Migs Mayfield

Issue #6:
Moff Gideon
Dark Sabre (1st Canon?)

Actually, thought this was a 6 issue series…need to go back an find breaks for the 8 episodes.

1 Like

That’s a full appearance 4 panels two full faces character doesn’t talk so he wouldn’t have lines anyways.

But he’s not “named” and doesn’t “speak”…

:crazy_face:

Idk what book that is, but the art is different.

@monopolyjackson It’s the Graphic Novel (Panini UK)

1 Like

Different art
Marvel

UK

Just buy 3 of each issue. Grab ratios and everyone will be fine. Oh and the subsequent reprints to come

That was already posted above.

I kno it was in response to the UK images and someone saying it’s the same.

1 Like

:+1: :+1:

Wasnt it a few episodes before anyone said Grogu’s name? If I remember we all got his name from subtitles😜

We learned his name from Ahsoka right?

2 Likes

Yes. Season 2, episode 5.

So if each issue adapts 1 episode, then in issue 13 he will be named.

Or volume 2, issue 5.

You guys reaaaaaaaaaaally gonna wait for 12 more issue to spec ? Or just spec now on issue #1 & 2 ?

1 Like

My bad, I thought this was just an early release of the Marvel series in one package. Now I see nowhere it says Marvel.

Did not realize Panini had any rights other than collaboration with marvel.

So that settles it. The entire Mandalorian series had no true first appearances. UK graphic novel for the win, all 1st season appearances!

It’s thin enough to slab and grade too.

Good luck getting a clean copy overseas. It’s through Amazon and came in thin cardboard mailer. Best order 2 or three and hope one will make it unscathed.

1 Like

technically a convention variant, not a fake con variant the stores make

Have a Boys and Invincible #1 con variant too

1 Like

Mike McKone exclusive for Modern Era Comics. Im being pretty selective on which exclusives I get to avoid overdoing it but I do like this one.

EDIT: Didn’t mean to reply to Kevin.

Also theres a new Mando #1 exclusive from Clayton Crain for Black Flag Comics that goes on sale tomorrow.

1 Like