Star Wars The Clone Wars: The First Appearance of The Bad Batch in Comics?

When I worked for the Department of Defense as contractor, there was a girl who worked there that was super paranoid about revealing her personal info.

One day I was talking to a developer and she walks up and asks him if he brought her mail in today. So he hands her this stack of mail. She walks off and I have this puzzled look on my face and ask, “why do you have her mail?” He replies with, “Oh, she’s very private and doesn’t like using her own address for anything and asked if she could have personal mail delivered to my address.” I reply with, that’s odd, I’m pretty sure I can find out where she lives with relative ease. He’s like, go for it but she’s done a pretty good job as I couldn’t find her address or anything on her myself.

Next day I place a piece of paper in front of him with an address… with a note, “ask her if this is her address?” So he takes it to her and then swings by my cube and says, “She wants to know how you know her address?”

I just replied with, “she’s not as clever as she thinks she is.” Everyone’s info is out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

You sure showed her!

Haha. I love it.

U.S. govt: “Keep your social security number safe. Never tell it to anybody.”

Also the U.S. govt: “Yeah, you’re going to need to tell everybody your social security number in order to anything of any real value in life. Sorry.”

2 Likes

And really my point I wanted make clear was, there’s no real reason to have your mail go to someone else’s house… that’s just being a bit too paranoid.

I also love all the personal freedom and right to privacy types who are also rage-posting all day to instagram and facebook. Not to get political, but I bet a lot of the rioters at the capitol were the types to be very cagey about their personal privacy. FBI’s digging through all their content owned by Facebook and Twitter right now though. When faced with a subpoena, social media doesn’t give a shit about your privacy.

I was once talking to a guy who was so paranoid about the NSA and FBI monitoring his every move on the internet and him going on and on in how he claimed to stay anonymous online. So I asked him, what kind of phone you have? He pulls it out, it’s just an Android phone. I’m like, that’s awesome you spend so much time trying to hide your online presence and this whole time the NSA, err, sorry, Google has been listening to everything you say when you’re phone is near you and on. He was like, no way… so I said “Ok Google” and his phone lit up… (this was prior to the voice recognition on them). :wink:

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s right, but the cat is definitely out of the bag for the reasonable expectation of privacy.

I have post it notes over all my back facing cameras (one facing me on my Peloton bike for instance), I ditched an Amazon Alexa something that my wife’s boss gave her for christmas one year. Trying my damndest, but it’s a torrent of privacy invasion out there.

With advertisements in them…which is what technically disqualifies them…

That’s when they notice you’re chained up and a worse punishment is not to rescue you from Anthony’s CHU dungeon.

The first Mandalorian and Grogu cover!? Nah, I’m just playing. Back cover of Crimson Reign 1.

Nice… first back cover apperance. Need to buy 100s of those. Ill be rich lol…

Not just a back cover appearance! A back cover appearance of Lego Mando and Grogu!

2 Likes