Star Wars: The High Republic Phase 2

Is Trail of Shadows 5 going to get a good bump now with the Nameless. I also think the Annual is going to see a nice bump as well with Porter

1 Like
1 Like

I mean it’s Star Wars overkill IMO. The diehards must love it (do you?) - but there is something to be said about scarcity and anticipation

2 Likes

I’m loving the High Republic stuff. Can’t get enough honestly. New unexplored era and lore. Sign me up

3 Likes

It might be too much for some, but I’m loving all the new content to dig into.

I dunno, are Bat fans sick of the dozen or so bat comics coming out? Are X-Men fans tired of all the X-Men? For that matter, aren’t there too many Marvel titles overloading the marvel universe on a monthly basis?

If they hit the ceiling and stuff stops selling, they’ll pull it back. You have to remember that not all of these are ongoing.

The first phase had:

1. High Republic (ongoing/maxi)
  2. high Republic Adventures (ongoing/maxi)
  3. Trail of Shadows (mini)
  4. Monster of Temple Peak (mini)
  5. Eye of the Storm (mini)
  6. Plus stories in the regular Star Wars Adventures comics and an annual.

That was all over the course of about a year.

Phase II so far:

1. High Republic (ongoing/maxi)
  2. HRA Nameless Terror (mini)
  3. The Blade (mini)

And that’s about it. Hyperspace Stories is not particularly High Republic. Tales from the Rancor Pit isn’t either.

6 Likes

Yes.
Yes.
And Yes.

5 Likes

That’s not bad. I just don’t know what all these things are…I figured some were novels but not sure which.

1 Like

Yellow are comics, green are novels (one audiobook), red are art books/reference books, blue is a compilation of SWI fiction reprints (some new fiction apparently).

5 Likes

GATHER YOUR YOUNGLINGS FOR THE YOUNG JEDI ADVENTURES SERIES
THE NEW ANIMATED SERIES, SET DURING THE ERA OF THE HIGH REPUBLIC, TEACHES IMPORTANT SKILLS TO A PRE-SCHOOL AUDIENCE.

Set during The High Republic era, the Original Series follows Younglings as they study the ways of the Force and become Jedi: Compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, patience, and friendship. Young Jedi Adventures is coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior spring 2023.

4 Likes

Will watch with the girls.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 7, 5, and 3 year old. Nice to see this.

1 Like

Oh this is super cool! Kids loved the Mandalorian!

1 Like

Star Wars: Yoda

Upcoming new series from Cavan Scott, Jody Houser, and Marc Guggenheim is coming this October. It’s a trilogy of trilogies, to nine total issues.

Arc 1 is set in a the High Republic era, featuring Yoda in the youngest we’ve ever seen him.

1 Like

You can read the new Phase II short, featured in the latest Star Wars Insider #211 Magazine here:

What a Jedi Makes by Michael Kogee

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/stories-of-jedi-and-sith

3 Likes

Charles Soule is doing an AMA style Q&A on his Twitter:

He’s confirmed that Porter Engle’s sister is also a Jedi.

1 Like

Has she appeared in comics yet

No.

Not yet, but seeing as the story is a really cool tragedy, it’s likely that she won’t be around for long.

Next month’s issue of Star Wars Insider #212 will feature a new Star Wars: The High Republic Phase II short story from George Mann.

The issue has passed FOC and is currently marked as sold out at both Midtown and TFAW, but you should still be able to order a copy closer to the street date.

5 Likes

Looks like the news of George Mann’s story is in 212. Looks like the actual story will be in 213 in October. It will be interesting to see if it comes out before the comics.

3 Likes