Star Wars: The High Republic

Disregard the “CA Phil Noto”. Previews always mentions the 1st print CA.

1min sell out on mayhew

Mayhew High Republic 3 links:

dissimilar body

2 Likes

STORY SYNOPSIS: This New STAR WARS Series is RED HOT and full of FIRST APPEARANCES and SURPRISE DEVELOPMENTS ! Great Series that is getting a Ton of Buzz!

That’s not a story synopsis at all!

8 Likes

DrunkWooky’s life story synopsis:

“DrunkWooky was born and so much happened! It was nuts! Everybody’s talking about the things he has done and seen. Lots of new people showed up during that time!”

5 Likes

"The NEW POSSIBLY HUMAN DrunkWooky was FIRST RELEASED and SURPRISE DEVELOPMENTS happened! It was AMAZING! So many UNIQUE and EXCITING things that he saw for the FIRST TIME! Lots of NEW character APPEARANCES and CAMEOS!”

4 Likes

Surprisingly, my life synopsis was SEO Optimized years before the internet existed.

Well good thing they decided for me on that mayhem variant… sold out! I do like the cover though…

East Coast still has it. I crumbled under pressure and got two.

Seems like only the virgin sold out immediately, trade still available

Treat this as unsubstantiated rumor at this point, but the following cover has been circulating online as an alleged Kev Walker variant for High Republic #3:

No matter when this cover shows up, this is the first cover we’ve seen so far featuring Jedi Grand Master Veter (back right). Although, we all know that another cover may come in and scoop the first cover appearance title. The reason I am skeptical is because the detail seems to be a couple steps below his other #3 1:25 variant with Sskeer that we’ve seen for a while:

Could be a Sway situation where we had a solicit with less detail with some of the finer effects added closer to release:

1 Like

Forbidden Planet Exclusive

It’s never gonna stop

3 Likes

That one I might get because I like Yoda.

1 Like

There’s so many exclusives out for #3 I’ve got 2 TFAW and 2 Mayhew I’m happy with that
But wait is that a first cover appearance for the guy on the right

Edit - Cancel them Mayhew ones from Limited (UK) isn’t going live until tomorrow :expressionless:

2 Likes

Why is #3 the issue to do exclusives for? Is it lag (issue 1 was hot and it takes a while to put these together), or trying to ca$$$$$$$h in fast, or is there something special about this issue in particular?

3 Likes

I think it’s like you said stores seeing the potential finally and how hot it is, wanting to get in the action. Samething happened with something is Killing the children #11 I believe, is when stores started hopping on the bandwagon pumping out exclusives.

I really wish stores could only do one exclusive every 10 issues. Instead of every damn issue

1 Like

You trying to put Unknown Comics out of business? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

We did 3 because it was the first time Jan was an option that we saw. Based on its timing though most likely it was the next available issue for a lot of stores after they saw how number 1 sold and contacted Marvel about doing an exclusive.

1 Like