Star Wars: The High Republic

Curious if anyone knows much about this upcoming title. Drops the first week of Jan.

Preview:

BEFORE THE SKYWALKER SAGA! THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE JEDI! A new era of STAR WARS storytelling begins. It is centuries before the SKYWALKER SAGA. The JEDI are at their height, protecting the galaxy as REPUBLIC pioneers push out into new territories. As the Frontier prepares for the dedication of majestic STARLIGHT BEACON, PADAWAN KEEVE TRENNIS faces the ultimate choice - will she complete her Jedi Trials or rescue the innocent from disaster? New Jedi! New ships! New evils to fight!

It’s that “New Jedi” part that caught my eye.

2 Likes

I think @agentpoyo or someone posted about this somewhere, basically saying a great chance for all new characters to pop up. But then again, this is generations before the time we know now sooo. I think it’s a good hold though, only so much they can expand and explore with the Skywalker era.

1 Like

Anything “new” star wars is a pick up for me

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Def picking this up.

1 Like

not eligible for store exclusives either

1 Like

That is good to know.

3 new characters although Kriss cameod as a hologram in a previous book.

1 Like

Yep…Kriss first appeared in Rise of Kylo Ren #3.

I would highly, highly recommend grabbing this book. Always big on comics that will have cross over appeal to all fans versus just comic book minded folks.

Disney is going to go all in on the Old/high Republic stuff sooner rather than later. Massive cult like following of it.

So, Lizard Man and Buzzcut are on the cover of A. But, the albino twins are only on B. First cover for them, I’m guessing? They have that “I’m gonna die in book 1” look about them. There’s also a C cover, but art hasn’t been released for that.

Preview pages here. Definitely new characters as confirmed by the artist

More preview pages

1 Like

If you are interested in the High Republic you should watch the announcement video from 8 months ago. And judge for yourself. Also keep in mind that this concept, at the time, had Kathleen Kennedy and her brand of Star Wars as the guiding light. When the path forward was geared more towards a Rise of Skywalker style future. Whereas today, that future has been shelved in favor of a more Mandalorian style and the stewardship of Feige, Favreau and Filoni. You never know but the High Republic may already be DOA.

https://youtu.be/xCat5fXRyyU

Speaking of which, what’s it gonna take to get a Mandalorian comic around here?

2 Likes

This screenshot straight off the starwars.com website— link https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-publishing-program-revealed-exclusive. Looks like they are coming, just no announcement as to when.

1 Like

I added one of each cover. Anytime new Star Wars I add. Always go up at some point.

1 Like

Mando’s first appearance gonna be huge. As well as any other characters introduced.

1 Like

What is his “concept” variant? Retail is $9.99. Is this a one-in-10?

Yep. That’s the 1:10. Two additional (new?) characters on the cover there.

That’s they way you do it…introduce 10 new characters and have a separate variant cover featuring each one…cha-Ching.