Star Wars: The High Republic

All the retailers missed out on issue 1 of phase 1. They won’t do that again.

7 Likes

Which is perhaps why there is only a 1:50 incentive, as they’re expecting so many retailer exclusives as to make the lower incentives pointless in terms of encouraging stores to order more (because there would be so many on the market)?

1 Like

I was lucky in managing to get hold of one of the original Kuder exclusives, and it was more through luck than judgement! Currently waiting for CBCS to do its thing and grade it for me. Might turn out to be a decent investment of £30!

Im interested to see if we get some Dark Horse exclusives for HRA stuff. That I could get into.

doesnt tfaw own dark horse or vice versa? if they were smart they would let tfaw be the only one with an exclusive

1 Like

I believe that would fall under a monopoly law.

Embracer Group owns both Darkhorse and TFAW I believe.

Yup… TFAW used to be owned by Dark Horse, and TFAW was Mike Richardson’s comic shop. It started out as Pegasus Fantasy Books. Now they are owned by Embracer Group like IM_Super_into_that said

FYI The Dan Panosian High Republic #1 Exclusive for TFAW pre-order is live.

Trade dress only.

4 Likes

TFAW, Dark Horse Comics, and Dark Horse Entertainment are all part of Dark Horse Media which is owned by Embracer.

TFAW itself actually came before Dark Horse. (Well, technically Pegasus.) Mike started the store, after a while wanted to make better comics for the store, so DH was born in the backroom of the first shop.

Fun fact, the person who bought the original Pegasus from Mike back in the 80s (Duncan) is still running the shop in downtown Bend. He’s a super nice guy, and the shop is awesome. (And so is the manager Sabrina.)

5 Likes

Next time I’m in Bend, I’ll hit that up!.

Finally got the cover for the High Republic #1 McKone Variant

1 Like

Peach Momoko Exclusive for High Republic #1

1 Like

Nice. You think those are important characters? Is he just leaving a ball game?

I like it as it shows some other characters as well

Probably waiting in line to get into the D23 Star Wars presentation.

3 Likes

That I have no idea. You’d like to think at least one of them becomes a named character but who knows.

Unknown Comics is doing another shared exclusive (alongside the momoko one above) w/ 616, Street Level Hero, Comictraders.ca, and Antiherogallery. Art by Kirkham.

1 Like

Already seeing more new store variants popping up on Ebay…

2 Likes

New High Republic #1 exclusive for Jolzar Collectibles & Bird City Comics w/ art from David Lopez. Pre-sale starts tomorrow, Set 13.

Full list of variants so far -

1 Like

Still liking Noto the best.

1 Like