Store Exclusives showing up in Walmart Packs

Uh oh. Marvel may have some ‘splaning to do here.

As retailers are finding out that some of their store exclusives are showing up in Walmart comic packs.

gleason coa is funny, since he doesnt send them with his 9.8 presales

2 Likes

Man after the Scarlett drama and now this, marvel ain’t doing so hot lately.

Is it Marvel or Diamond? From what I understand they’re coming from Diamond. As well I’m sure a majority of those finding ratios and store exclusives aren’t posting about it online so it’s likely just the tip of the iceberg.

2 Likes

But this challenges the print run issue, big time. How many are they printing of a 3,000 print run exclusive? Marvel has licensed our exclusive covers to T-Shirts at 5 Below and Hot Topic. Why would Marvel ship an exclusive book in mass quantity above what was ordered (and allowing for damages) to Diamond and then allowing them to keep them and sell them?

4 Likes

In the words of Scooby, “Ruh Ro”

5 Likes

I actually almost put that at the top.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahaha no wonder Frankies doesn’t advertise print runs

3 Likes

Yeah didn’t people also find exclusives from torpedo comics. Unknown comics and more in them? Lmao

These are all I have seen recently. Haven’t heard of their exclusives showing up in packs yet.

Smart in their part. Print run shouldn’t be the reason someone buys an “exclusive.” Manufactured and unverified limited supply.

1 Like

Is this the end of store variants???

Doubt it.

Now if someone could just find one of those CBE variants in a multipack…

4 Likes

numbers were always a lie, every store knew they were a lie, thats why they used the wording “limited to” instead of print run, cause they didnt want to get sued

2 Likes

It’s actually uneducated. Why does he think his COA can’t be copied or just inserted with a non-COA copy and sold???

COA adds nothing to authentication.

5 Likes

Eh, I sold the virgin of the clone wars #1 SW:THR for $300 and kept the trade for my PC. I’ve already profited and kept the trade for free so I’m ok with them showing up in these hehe. Plus I have the CoA still for it which “absolutely shows all other copies were destroyed and any others are illegitimate”.

1 Like

Nah store exclusives won’t die. If anything they’ll just store exclusive trade paperbacks and hardcovers

1 Like

I’d like to see a recording of someone opening up a Walmart pack and finding a store exclusive in it.

Is there one out there?

in other words… Where’s the proof?

:thinking:

I’m pretty sure there’s an Unknown Comics exclusive that shows up in this video.

3 Likes

That looks like proof to me.

Someone pulled a Venom 1 1:1000 McFarlane remastered out of one walmart pack it was tic”d up though. Also the silver surfer black 1:500 foreshadow variant someone got two of those out of Walmart packs.