Swap meets

Do any of you have swap meets in your areas where people can meet up and buy, sell, trade with each other? I was wondering how people got the word out and what kind of location they would meet up at.

1 Like

I’ve never seen one here. The closest we get is comic ONLY shows. Old school comic con. The last one was recently. There was plenty of people selling to vendors, even trading, but its vendor based, not a true swap meet.

I have just talked about it recently that I would love to do them. I may have to start my own.

I’m in CT. I think 3 Men in a Basement organize a swap near Hartford every so often. I haven’t been to one, though. I can post if I see one advertised.

Usually tubers like Lunchmoney Comics and Bronzeville go.

I watch a lot of lunch, money comics videos

I don’t know how these people find so much free time to go to conventions and flea markets which seems like every weekend…not with young families, anyway.

And then they make videos! Obviously they are monetized or something…so must be supplementing their hobby. But it has to be quite the commitment.

1 Like

I try to get out but end up living vicariously through the guys who can.

1 Like

If you got time to watch a 30-45 min video of youtubers going out digging at comic shops/flea markets then you have time to go do it yourself. Lunchmoneycomics films his videos on his lunch break.

I do it while I am working, one screen for work one screen for videos

And I pick a lot of comics, I do videos from time to time but don’t show all the crap I buy

Not the ones I’ve watched. He travels all over southern NE, flea markets, conventions, shops that are not his LcS.

Unless he works weekends and his job requires being on the road.

I’ll listen on the way to/from work, while jogging or on the treadmill. At night after all my chores are done…which is usually past midnight.

I don’t stay up past midnight anymore. Bad for my health. Spent too many years staying up until 2 and then getting 4 hours of sleep to try to work.

1 Like

Yeah, but you get so much more done in that shorter life span…!!