TFAW $1 $2 July 2023 Sale

Some stores do kickstarters for them, that way they can get the cost of the books upfront. El Rey was doing them for a while.

1 Like

I hate when businesses use kickstarters as a way to fund their covers. Kickstarters are designed for new ideas and projects to know if people have an actual interest in the “new” products or stories, etc. When businesses use kickstarters to have the consumers fund their up front costs, it takes away from the purpose of calling it a kickstarter

Kickstarters for me are for new ideas and concepts, from likely individuals or small groups who are not already an established business.

Sorry, actually paid for 1-4 days Today is day 8. Contacted Kyle and he said, they are in your state, if you have concerns contact Fedex. I said my concern I paid for expedited shipping and didn’t receive in the time frame. He said I would have to wait 5 days and if they are not here by the 5th day past the 1-4 days (9 days total) they would mark them as lost and start the process of getting a new batch of books out to me, but since they were sale items that sold out, you know how that is going to go

But the idea still stands, if you pay for a service and it is not delivered, you should get your money back (on shipping in this case).

100%

I’ll caveat that as sometimes USPS puts it on the wrong truck. So that’s not necessarily the sellers fault.

But if it arrives with standard shipping labels slapped on it, then they owe you money, absolutely.

IMG_5605

1 Like

Exactly!

I just feel like I could have paid for standard shipping and gotten it in the same time frame. My usual shipments take about 7 days from when they actually ship them, the more expensive, quicker shipping is taking the same amount of time.

1 Like

Shipping is all over the board. With this order, it went from Wash. State to MN in like 3 days, and that’s with the cheapest shipping. Last time, it was closer to 7 days for the same exact shipping.

Check the tracking of this order vs the last order. Curious if it took a different route.

Isn’t that really on the shipper though? Once it leaves TFAW’s hands, it’s kind of out of their control.

Remember a few years back when I was selling books around xmas time and my media mail packages were getting delivered in 3-5 days while my priority packages were taking up to 10 days.

When I pay for expedited shipping, it’s really how fast they pack and ship it out the door. If they can’t promise faster turnaround in packing to ship, then always go with the slower shipping to save money I say.