TFAW $1 $2 July 2023 Sale

TFAW is having another $1/$2 sale. In addition, they have cheap slabs again. Check out what is on sale. Cheap variants too

Some categories:
Detective Comics

Batman

Spawn

Spider-Man

$1 Ratio Variants
Edge of Spider-Verse #1 (of 5) (10 Copy Ramos Design Variant)
Fantastic Four #1 (25 Copy Arthur Adams Variant)
Fantastic Four #2 (25 Copy Noto Variant)
GI Joe a Real American Hero #300 (Cover E - 10 Copy Gallant Variant)
Gold Goblin #1 (of 5) (25 Copy McGuinness Design Variant)
House of Slaughter #8 (Cover D - 25 Copy Dell Edera Variant)
Hulk #7 (25 Copy Lubera Variant)
Hulk #8 (25 Copy Clarke Variant)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #5 (of 5) (25 Copy Sabacc Card Variant)
Star Wars Mandalorian #1 (10 Copy Concept Art Variant)
Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi #1 (of 5) (10 Copy Movie Variant)
Spider-Man #1 (25 Copy Stegman Variant)
Tiger Division #1 (of 5) (10 Copy Creees Lee Design Variant)
Whats the Furthest Place From Here #8 (Cover C - 25 Copy Variant)

$17.50 Slabs
Dark Knights of Steel #1 (Dan Mora TFAW Exclusive Variant CBCS 9.8 Blue Label)
Past the Last Mountain #1 (CBCS 9.8 Louie Joyce TFAW Exclusive Variant)
Sandman Universe Nightmare Country #1 (Simmonds TFAW Exclusive Variant) - Modern Trade CBCS Graded 9.8 Blue Label
Something Is Killing the Children #25 (Robert Hack TFAW Exclusive Variant Graded CBCS)
What If…? Miles Morales #1 (Bengal TFAW Exclusive Variant) Trade Dress CBCS Graded 9.8 Blue Label

$22.75 Slabs
Blood-Stained Teeth #1 (Donovan TFAW Exclusive Variant CBCS Graded 9.8 Blue Label)
Do a Powerbomb #1 (Martinez TFAW Exclusive Variant) CBCS 9.8 Graded Blue Label
Sandman Universe Nightmare Country #1 (Simmonds TFAW Exclusive Variant) - Classic Trade CBCS Graded 9.8 Blue Label
Skybound Presents Afterschool #1 (Puchkors TFAW Exclusive Variant) CBCS 9.8 Graded Blue Label

$26.25 Slabs
House of Slaughter #4 (CBCS 9.8 Cover E - 50 Copy Romero Variant)
Marauders #21 (CBCS 9.8 Jimenez Pride Month Virgin Variant Gala)
Stray Dogs Dog Days #2 (of 2) (CBCS 9.8 Cover C - 50 Copy Variant)
Vanish #1 (Tomaselli TFAW Exclusive Variant) CBCS Graded
Wolverine #13 (CBCS 9.8 Dauterman Kate Pryde Design Variant Gala)
X-Factor #10 (CBCS 9.8 Jimenez Pride Month Virgin Variant Gala)
X-Factor #10 (CBCS 9.8 Dauterman Cyclops Design Variant Gala)
X-Force #20 (CBCS 9.8 Dauterman Emma Frost Design Variant Gala)
What If…? Miles Morales #1 (Bengal TFAW Exclusive Variant) Virgin Graded CBCS 9.8 Blue Label
X-Men #21 (CBCS 9.8 Dauterman Jean Grey Design Variant)

1 Like

Facsimiles

Amazing Spider-Man 129 Facsimile $2

Avengers #1 Facsimile Edition $2

Fantastic Four 52 Facsimile Edition $1

Iron Man #1 Facsimile Edition $2

Whiz Comics #2 Facsimile Edition $1

$1/$2 Books of Note

Amazing Spider-Man #55 LR (2nd Printing) $1

Batman & the Joker the Deadly Duo #7 (of 7) (Cover E - Jock Card Stock Variant) $2

Catwoman - Dekal Covers $1

Ghost Rider #7 (Spider-man Beyond Variant) - First Exhaust $1

Hulk #6 (Shaw Spoiler [Titan] Variant) $1

Joker the Man Who Stopped Laughing #6 (Cover C - Kendrick Kunkka Lim Variant)

LCSD 2022 Eight Billion Genies #1 (of 8) (Sketch Cover) $1

LCSD 2022 Grim #1 (Flaviano Foil Variant) $1

Miles Morales Spider-Man #38 (Bartel Variant) $1

She-Hulk #12 (Jeehyung Lee Variant) $2

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on this sale last week, was able to buy 5 or 6 full minis I was interested in plus a few 9.99 cover books for $1 each, can’t beat it!

My pleasure. I grabbed a few things. Got some Miles Morales 1:25’s for $1 each. Couldn’t pass them up. Will list them and see how they do.

Grabbed a bunch from this sale. A few run fillers. And a few exclusives I liked, but not at exclusive prices. For a buck? OK. Got 5 slabs for $1 each. About 30 books, all $1. Some had trade/Virgin bundles for a dollar total, like the Moon Knight 1 David Mack covers, the Hawkeye set, Amazing Spidey 1 exclusive set. SIKTC graded exclusive was $17.50, but I liked that cover. That was the only one that cost more than a buck.

2 Likes

They had sets and slabs at a dollar? I must have missed them.

DC Horror Presents Sgt Rock vs the Army of the Dead #1 1:100 variant

$1 each

1 Like

Mine is probably sitting on the porch in the rain

1 Like

I paid for the upgraded shipping. 3-5 days. Just got home on day 7 and they are still in route

1 Like

Yep. Quite a few slabs for $1 each. I think it was just their graded exclusives that they were clearing out.

I totally missed them, the cheapest slabs I saw were $17.50

1 Like

How often do they have a sale like that?

Well the whole set wasn’t $1, each issue was but I was able to grab a handful of complete indy minis for $4-$5 each mini, no complaints here. Should have checked out the slabs tho but I have yet to get into the buying/selling slabs area of the hobby. Regular floppies and trades take up enough space lol

About once a year sometimes more.

Amazon’s Prime Days has forced other retailers across the globe to do massive sales as well. We’ll likely see another big sale around Black Friday or shortly after for them to clear out inventory at end of year.

2 Likes

They do this type of sale once or twice a year, but I’ve never seen the slabs for $1 before. I thought it was maybe a mistake initially. Had I moved faster, I would have probably had about 10 graded books in the order. But, while quickly looking through the other books, many sold out.

They also had a bunch of trade/virgin sets that they sold for $1. Some were really nice, and I regret not buying more copies of them.

1 Like

Speaking of TFAW, it’s amazing how hard it is to sell exclusives. They added the final print run for many of their exclusives, as they reached a point where the remaining stock was altered and donated. I remember Brandon talking about this.

But, back in 2021, when exclusives were hot, they had the Moon Knight 1 exclusive, with a great cover by David Mack. Hot title, big character, great cover artist. And, they only sold 1346 trades and 863 virgin covers out of the 3000/1000 original order. That’s just a little over half. It’s no wonder that nearly all of the pop-up shop exclusive retailers are gone or in bankruptcy court.

I think Something is Killing the Children really played a role. Those initial exclusives (much smaller print run) would sell out every time and then sell on ebay for 500% the original cost. People saw that and figured it would apply to other popular titles.

Honestly, I’m surprised anyone is still doing exclusives. It just seems like a losing bet from a retailer perspective.

2 Likes

The days of exclusives are not near an end, no matter how many people get wise to it, there seems to be plenty of others to prop them up.

In July, stores call them "SDCC exclusives:…

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Most shops shouldn’t do exclusives. If they can’t afford the initial costs while also not being able to fulfill the orders, they should skip such tactics in trying to make money until they can.

I wouldn’t blame the high costs for incentive retailer covers for them going bankrupt, I would blame the people running the actual business making piss poor decisions, likely acting more like consumers than whole sale retailers.

1 Like