That was fast, Bad Idea is done?

Just seen that email. Thought they were messing around but looks serious.

1 Like

Yea idk if i believe it yet lol

I really don’t think this is for real. The way they’ve approached their marketing has always been to keep their audience on their toes.

1 Like

1 Like

EVEN WORSE IDEA Comics, coming in 2022 from the same people who brought you BAD IDEA Comics

Also, “as we know it” is the slipperiest, hedgiest language there ever was.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me. What successful business has said “let’s sell through as few outlets as we can and sell as few copies as we can.”

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks to myself this was all just a ploy to hype their books for huge secondary market gains and they were all just dumping the extra copies they had on the secondary market and they’re now done because they raised enough money to buy their private island in the South Pacific… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I think it’s like most things nowadays: the comic consumers were the small con, the potential venture capital firm or hollywood/streaming producer were the big con. They were burning their runway and hoping a big investor was at the end of it. It hasn’t come along.

At least they are big enough to admit they are done. Wish Black Mask would just admit that.

1 Like

At least one must give credit to Black Mask who actually was able to release more than 4 or 5 books before calling it quits… (well, they haven’t called it quits yet but they should).

1 Like

The first book I ordered, Everfrost, that was from Black Mask was damaged from the printer. It’s on all the copies I see on ebay as well. They should’ve recalled it. Screw that company.

I don’t think they’re done. I suspect evolution of some sort. Opening to full orders from comic shops? Changing their name? Who knows.

The only book I ended up enjoying and supporting was Space Riders and it was even sad at a signing, the writer even was ragging on Black Mask and their tactics.

2 Likes

If that’s the new name, then we know who’s running the show behind the scenes…

3 Likes

I shared my skepticism at their claim…

2 Likes