The Anime/Manga Corner

Just wanted to make a small topic to where we can talk about Manga or Anime that we should be reading or watching. Any info in the anime world we should know about, we can discuss here as well.

Here is what I am watching with both my boys and my wife. And some by myself lol.

Vinland Saga Anime: season 1 was good. Season 2 it started boaring but finally getting some action

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime: watching it with my boys and its over-all good.

Inu Yasha- Classic anime and manga. Loved both

Erased- Good anime and even better manga

Cyberpunk- Good anime. Watched it with the wife

Rurouni Kenshin- The old school anime is good and the live action on Netflix is really good. Little twist here and there from the anime but I liked them and so did my boys.

The way of the househusband- Anime was waaay better then the manga. My hole family loved it.

Kotaro Lives Alone- a sad anime that my wife and my youngest loved watching.

Romantic Killer- Stupid funny anime. Watched it with my wife

Initial D- One of the best racing animes their is. The manga was also good. I am reading MF Ghost which is the sequel. And cant wait for episode 1 to be release later this year.

Thats what I have so far. What do you Manga/Anime?

2 Likes

Another Manga that I forgot to add was Solo Leveling. Man I finished that book last year and it was soooooo good lol.

Also Chain Saw Man. Really good concept and still havent watched the 1st episode although its on my to do list lol

I havent watched a lot of newer animes aside from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titans). Those 2 are currently my on-goings and their respective animes are about to end a couple years from now. They are very popular since they really are THAT good. Caution: both are very gory but Demon Slayer is more tolerable since they are fighting demons. Lol.

I forgot i also watched Jujutsu Kaisen. Think of sorcerers that hunt cursed objects to eliminate Curse manifestations (or demon). Dynamic action sequences and vibrant animations.

Inu Yasha is my childhood anime and I still watch it every now and then for laughs and nostalgia. Great anime to watch in batches/few episodes while still maintaining an overall arc until the finale.

Seven Deadly Sins was a fun one too. My usual go-to in animes are adventure story with fantastical elements and 7DS fits snuggly for my taste. Kid-friendly character designs. The usual hero-and-partner banters and comedy. Nearly done reading the manga and watching the anime as well. I forgot to get back to them since I have been playing its official mobile gacha game app called Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross. Great graphics and animations btw if you wanna try it out.

If you are looking for animes that deal with magic, I highly suggest FAIRY TAIL. It has the same sensibilities like 7DS but its story is centered around the main characters’ magic guild.

Another anime about magic that I’m still waiting to come back is BLACK CLOVER. The story revolves around a non-magic human who suddenly got a grimoire, a magic book used to cast, conjure, and perform their magic skills. Themes of friendship and overcoming near impossible situations.

1 Like

Classic animes I highly suggest for family viewing/kid friendly:

• Naruto, Cardcaptor Sakura, Digimon Adventures, Doraemon, Astro Boy, Slam Dunk

Classic animes with some mature themes as long as under supervision:

• Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, One Piece, HunterXHunter, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, InuYasha, Detective Conan

When I was in high school, we would go into DC and watch anime movies on the big screen at an arthouse theater. We saw Akira and Appleseed there. More about the experience, and way before the anime/manga boom. I am just not into the scene or the shows much. I did read the Battle Royale manga as I loved the live action movie (even the second one was ok)

2 Likes

The Mandalorian Adaptation which was serialized in Square Enix’s Big Gangan is being published as a trade paperback by Viz Media:

3 Likes

My reccomendations
FLCL :Pretty older anime and its very short at only 6 episodes but it is a crazy and wild ride, one of my favorite anime growing up and it still really holds up well today but its very hard to sum up, the soundtrack by japanese band the Pillows is also amazing
Cowboy Bebop: classic anime about a group of a bounty hunters trying to make ends meet, a lot of the episodes are episodic but it does build to an overall narrative. Shorter anime at 26 episodes.
Death Note: anime about a book that kills people by writing names in it, not super actioney but the mental games between the main characters is really well done and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Somewhat short at only 37 episodes.
Hajime No Ippo: I do not care whatsoever for boxing and I think with that you can still really enjoy the series, watching the main character Ippo grow from timid weak kid whose bullied and turn to boxing to motivate himself is inspiring and the characters and journey are so well done I encourage people to watch it even if they don’t like boxing, the boxing matches are also animated super well and make you feel the weight of every attack
Berserk: The art is drop dead gorgeous and for this I recommend reading the manga as theres been attempts to bring it to animation but they simple can’t do justice to the artwork of the manga, the story and setting are also really well done, warning as its extremely graphic and a lot of mature content so don’t read it with your kids
Hunter X Hunter is my favorite anime and manga but someone already recommended it so I’m just adding my endorsement

3 Likes

Just finished watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix and man what a great anime. Highly recommend it.

Also watching Mieruko Chan and man this is a really creepy anime. The manga was good and seeing it is even better. If you want some nightmares, watch it…

2 Likes

What’s that one about and where to watch, the creepy one?

Its on Crunchyroll or Funimation or Amazon prime. She sees the dead and others cant and she doesnt want the dead to know that she can see them. Its crazy good.

Here is a sceene from an episode.

3 Likes

Let me know what you think once you watched it.