The Crimes of MyComicShop

And everyone starts searching :wink:

Links or we don’t believe you… :wink:

I found out what it is. Little place called eBay.

I kid I kid.

1 Like

If you share with Anthony, you need to share with me lol

It is, see DRogio’s post. They’ve found some way to fill out the form and send orders in bulk like junk mail, hence my problem. The USPS had no reason to lie but the box and DRogio confirmed it. Now, if they’re sending it that ay for some and normal/expedited for the same price for others, now THAT’S a huge problem.

I dont see a problem with what MyComicShop charges for shipping. $5 for unlimited books is pretty damn reasonable. I dont care if they only pay 99 cents. This thread just seems like a witch hunt. If you dont like their price, buy elsewhere.

2 Likes

They’re sending it BPM via UPS Mail Innovations, not USPS. There’s a difference.

Edit - Also I have to agree with monopolyjackson in that I fail to see any sort of problem here. Is the issue that the postage is only $.99 (which it likely isn’t) and they’re charging $5? Again there’s a lot more costs than just the postage, and $5 for a stack of comics is not unreasonable for shipping (hell I just paid $5 for one comic I bought on eBay).

It sounds like you’re mad that the exchange between UPS and USPS is taking a while. Not sure why you would blame that on MCS, when you could have selected a different shipping method for your order.

Also MCS has had a pretty bold disclaimer on the top of their front page for a while now talking about delays in transit that are out of their control.

1 Like

That’s why they call it… shipping and handling… the materials used to ship cost money. They have to pay someone an hourly rate to process the order, pack the order and prepare the shipment. So yes, they could be paying 99 cents but I’m pretty sure the profit margins are still very small if any on shipping costs. All the profits are still on the books they sold you… not the shipping.

The only time I get mad at shipping costs is when I paid for something like Priority and they used Media Mail or First Class. If they’re advertising your picked shipping method as “economy”… then yes, yo shit is at the back of the plane/truck and has the last priority of anything and they saved a bunch by using UPS Travel Agency…

3 Likes

That is definitely something to get upset about, and when I ask for a refund on shipping costs.

1 Like

The only thing I don’t like is when someone is making obvious profit off of shipping. I get material costs because I have to factor them in as well. Sometimes the shipping I charge does cost a little more than what is actually used but never more than a few cents. After costs if Mycomicshop is profiting up to three dollars per order, I don’t know…Not cool. I have to say I have come across other sellers over the years who have tried to profit from shipping more than that…some just blatantly overpriced. What can you do?

I guess one can call them out on it but that would probably get you banned. I’ve gotten quite a few books from MCS. Some for the PC and some for selling down the road. I’m not going to complain too much about it. I’ve been happy with what I purchase and never had a book from them damaged due to poor packing…I just with they had a mail subscription like Newkadia where you pay a flat rate for three months and all your shipping is at no further charge during that time.

I got 7 raw and 1 slab off Mycomicshop in the mail today. Cost me $4.99 to ship. I would think that normally it would be way more expensive to ship a slab and a bunch of raw. I think it evens out in the long run between small orders and bigger orders. Again, not being a contrarian but offering perspective.

1 Like

I guess it would depend on what is ordered. I honestly don’t know what kind of volume deals large online dealers such as MCH have with USP or FedEx if any. They may not be profiting at all from shipping. For me, I am just against price gouging on shipping. I like MCS so I hope they aren’t purposely making money off of it. Either way, not the end of the world for me if they are.

TFAW charges $0.25 per book to bag and board. At my local retail shop I pay $7 for 100 boards and $6 for 100 bags. That means at retail I pay $0.13 to bag and board a book. And their cost is likely closer to half that. That means they are making 4 times profit off their bagging and boarding alone.

They all make money in various ways. MCS just maybe does it on shipping Vs their bag/board charging for example.

I mean it’s a hobby where stores charge you different prices based on what week you order it (30% pre FOC, 20% post FOC, cover at release, etc). That’s all different profit levels and it’s still the same book ;-).

2 Likes

I’m upset that they can’t send it the same for everyone what they’re charging for, which is 4.95 for economy. If I don’t feel that they should be adding the BPM designation to ease a few bucks for themselves, then sorry, I’m not running charity and expect them to make ship it for exactly how much they charge, when they already overcharge on the issues which should cover their handling.

Again, if everyone had it stuck in their USPS warehouse for three weeks I’m sure this would be a different story, but some are getting in within 5 days and not reading what I’m writing. It’s absolutely their fault that they make it a UPS mail innovations package they pass on instead of shipping directly to USPS, and that’s what leads to the headaches. Why so many here are high on them I cannot rightly say, they’re extremely nasty and overgrazed even worse than Mile High, but I guess they have a lot of friends.

“Lone Star Economy” isn’t an official shipping method. When you choose that over any other shipping method you’re saying “I’m okay with you shipping it to me as cheap as you can.”

You’re complaining that they’re not charging exact shipping? You can’t be serious. The actual shipping cost is just one of the expenses. You’ve got all the supplies to factor in as well. Not even considering the human being who pulls your order and packages it needs to be paid as well.

I’d suggest you stop bitching about it and just don’t order from them. This whole topic is a joke and if I was my comic shop I’d block you super fast.

You’ve stated the rate they pay is 99 cents but provided zero evidence. They also have other shipping options to choose from. Do you buy and sell on eBay? If so what’s your username so I can block you?

2 Likes

Yeah … folks have the right to buy or not buy, if you have a beef with what shipping costs and speculate about how the seller shipped the book, how long it took to get it, what you think the shipping actually cost, any extra money the seller may be making, etc …

Then cross that seller off your list and don’t buy from them … simple as that …

2 Likes

We call it, occam’s razor… the simplest solution is the likely solution.

1 Like

I don’t know what quality they are, I don’t know where they get them, however, even on a large order restock, for me, as a Retailer, when shipping is calculated, that price would be a very, very thin profit margin …

I buy poly bags 1000 at a time and pay like .08 each with shipping (actually probably less). Tfaw bags and boards are silver age size so moderns slide around in them.