The Crimes of MyComicShop

As I stated in my first post, I’m already never buying form them again. You certainly have not attempted to read what I said at all, so that’s a pretty condescending and contemptuous attitude you have, along with those that made zero attempt to even accept what I’m saying. All I’m reading over and over is “they couldn’t possibly have charged .99, you’re wrong!” I think I would know better than you who have nothing to back this up other than it seems unlikely to you.

I have shown zero evidence? Are you kidding? Lighten up and don’t get so riled by someone else’s misfortune on a comic spec sub. It’s entirely possible that you don’t comprehend what I’m saying and are just being contrary for the sake of defending them or your preconceived notions. Feel free to send your eBay username so I can block you, but honestly you’re the worst the hobby has to offer, defending a dishonest retailer by trying to invalidate my bad experience. I paid them for a service they made absolutely miserable, sorry you think I owe them and you anything.

CSP boards and BCW bags.

BCW bags are $4.28 per 100 on their website just for me a random consumer (Id assume you as a retailer can do better). Free shipping with them varies from $80-200, but I’m sure they probably buy in bulk to hit the free shipping. So that’s around 30% profit for them selling at $6.

I don’t know where to buy CSP boards so I don’t know the potential cost there.

I buy silver age as well, I like the extra space. Those prices I was referring to are silver age. At $6 for a bag of 100 I’m paying $0.06 each.

If you buy 1000 at BCWs site it’s $0.04 per bag. But you won’t hit free shipping at that level as obviously the price per will go up.

I think this is why you’re getting pushback. MCS didn’t do anything dishonest here, and your bad experience is with UPS/USPS and not MCS. You try and push the blame to MCS despite the fact that plenty of other people have no issues with the same shipping service (including me), and keep insisting that they ripped you off because you think their postage rate was only $.99.

You’re also claiming that they’re “pocketing all the tax they are charging” with zero proof, even though plenty of other online stores are charging sales tax now.

It just seems like you have a misplaced vendetta.

4 Likes

First you don’t know what I’ve read and haven’t. I’ve read most of this ridiculous topic. A topic who’s name should’ve been changed. Your evidence is that you know and I don’t. Wow. Just wow.

A good idea in speculation is to get the books in hand as quickly as possible unless it’s a long term hold. You don’t CHOOSE THE CHEAPEST SHIPPING METHOD, for what $5. That also has a disclaimer about it being super slow. You’re not taking into consideration supplies and all the other overheads of running a business.

You got pissed because it took so long and came online to whine about it. Most everyone explained it to you that it’s not just the actual shipping cost. So what if they pay $1 to ship your books. Which by the way your word isn’t proof. Others have even gone to the usps website and explained what they read but it didn’t sink in. Your rant about slow shipping that you chose and my comic shop committing crimes against you is pathetic. Some person may just read the title and decide to never do business with them because they just saw your post.

I’ve been very critical with of my comic shop in the past so I’m not just a fan of theirs. If I come across as abrasive it’s because I am. Nothing against you or anybody on here. Come back with a better rant about something real.

2 Likes

I’m going to say this one more time, and then I suggest you give it a rest. None of you, absolutely none, have any comprehension of how they shipped it to me specifically in this case so it’s silly to angrily demand I produce proof. You can take my word that I was on the phone with USPS for hours and confirmed the PBM several times, and the reason the discourse has devolved is that you refuse to accept that and try to make me back up the topic to explain it. They are doing this to more than just me but because of MCS defenders, we can’t establish what’s going on or not. You sound like the worst kind of yes man who wants to defend the retailer at all costs. Saying that someone might see my title and tragically not buy from this defenseless company is so moronic I literally have no words. You are so fired up that I’m convinced you work for them, otherwise why not accept the things from this experience that are true to me?

For the last time, I was never looking for sympathy in the least. Forgive me for thinking that fellow collectors might have enough decency to take my experience at face value or offer their own, yeah I absolutely think some are being hosed for the bound printed matter issue, and if you aren’t then you just don’t get the situation they put me through. I do find it interesting, however, that those who have zero empathy for a package stuck in shipping for three weeks and don’t accept that premise, cannot ignore me and instead try to take the first opportunity to make my experience worse. It’s entirely possible that talking about it was a perfectly reasonable conversation misconstrued, before hotheads came on to take me down a peg for lord knows what reason. What’s the point? And for the record, they sell overgraded, poorly packed junk that gets easily damaged, and nobody is benefitting from ordering from them. You don’t want to listen to my warning and have had a wonderful experiences with them, then guess what, I was being ripped off if I’m waiting three weeks while you’re getting your package from them in five days.

Indeed …

We’re asking for proof because the shipping quote you claimed sounds ridiculously low. Saying you were on the phone with the USPS isn’t proof.

Of course we want proof. Do you know how the internet and especially forums work? When someone comes in with a claim about something we want to know were being provided with facts. Your say so isn’t fact.

Suggesting people drop something that you brought up and have been proven wrong about is difficult. Especially when the person can’t see they were taking out their frustration on the wrong people. Hell I don’t blame the post office or ups. I blame you for having the audacity to choose the slowest shipping method and come online in an attempt to bash them with baseless accusations.

I just sold a few books and eBay charged my state taxes on it. Get used to it.

As well suggesting I drop something only makes me dig in deeper. Pretty much everyone has pointed out all these facts and disagrees with you. That should be a clue that you’re in the wrong here. In this specific situation you’re just in the wrong.

I think maybe stop right now before you make this any worse. I was actually done commenting until I read your newest comment. I feel the need to point out more baseless accusations in your last post. You can check the forums here and over at CGC to hear me rant about MCS. I do not work for them either another one pulled out of thin air. I had legit issues though. You know things like shitty customer service, over grading, the well known, at least to older collectors, of their packaging which involved about 100 yards of plastic wrap wrapped around the books. You can read all my posts and even MCS got involved over at the CGC forums. So I’m not a fan, employee or yes man.

With every post you only make yourself look worse. I’m not mad, neither do I have any vendetta. Idk you at all. All I know is what you’ve written in this topic and the general consensus is you’re in the wrong.

I also wanted to point out I’ve done business with them in the past and overall crappy experiences. I stopped buying from them for over a decade. I just recently bought a few books through eBay from them and the packaging was stellar and the grading was spot on. Even the one order that took over a month to get to me. I chose the shipping method, they packaged it properly and shipped it promptly. It got caught up in the UPS/USPS system and the pandemic was raging in New York at the time. I didn’t blame anyone but myself and the carriers. It happens from time to time with as many books as I was buying.

I think your problem comes from trying to tell others off or put them in their place when you feel morally superior. You don’t get what’s going on in this situation at all, but your premise that I “need” to do anything because I’m slandering some poor retailer, is one you cannot let go. I’m not in the wrong here because you don’t even know what you’re arguing other than you somehow feel righteous about MCS. What happened is that the topic I’m interested in talking about has been turned into this little narrative you want to spin, that I’m whining about the cheap shipping I bought because I’m entitled. That isn’t how they mailed it.

You’re arguing three things that are irrelevant to my point- 1) that I paid for the cheapest shipping so how dare I complain, 2) that I’m ill informed about my own experience and have to produce proof to validate my own premise about the .99, 3) that I’m ignorant to how shipping works and thus slandering them. These are three very different things that all conveniently give you an excuse to complain about me, and have nothing to do with the point I’m trying to make. Hence my lack of interest explaining any of them. You simply don’t get it, and the only thing I don’t get is why you just cannot seem to stop.

We seem to have two very different outlooks, but from my view? You’re kind of a shill who just wants to get angry when someone makes unfounded claims, in your mind, without accepting that I’m 100% justified to air a bad experience with them without fear of being silenced like they do by deleting accounts. The reason I’m getting “pushback” is that several people who don’t get the point I’m interested in are trying to spin it in a different direction. So my apologies, but I don’t really care. What I do know is that if you came on here and said that you had a package delayed for three weeks and wanted to vent, I would take your side even if it was my favorite retailer and empathize with your stress. Or say absolutely nothing. I made the topic because they swindled me and are doing it to others. People like you want to shout down the premise that they did anything wrong to nip it in the bud, and yeah I take issue with that.

For the last and final time, someone above basically confirmed it: BOUND PRINTED MATTER IS JUNK MAIL SHIPPING THAT DELAYS IT, AND NOT THE NORMAL SLOW ECONOMY THAT I PAID FOR. Everyone else is getting it the normal method, but I’m stuck listening to sycophants who cannot accept it’s not just silly impatient me with a grievance about the post office. It was stuck for 3 weeks in a back room because MCS worked out a deal to send it as junk mail which doesn’t get scanned and is left behind. They cut corners before but have become absurd. You think I’m wrong about the tax that was conveniently introduced when the virus hit, fine. But who the hell are you to tell me I’m wrong because this is unfounded? If you’re the kind of eBay seller who gleefully is proud of charging tax because you’re Mr. Honest, then I have no words. Sometimes kindness for those less fortunate than you is more important.

The onus is not on me to stop, I’m not the one who can’t let it go. You’re the one who wants to crap on me for a reason I can’t explain. My reason is I’m standing up for myself and I don’t like bullies denigrating legitimate truths I think are impacting others who order from these people. Don’t worry, MCS will be just fine without my little post affecting their bottom line. And for the record, I emailed them with the same issues I described, and rather than try to explain it away how I’m incorrect and offer their side, they’d rather alienate another customer. They know exactly what they did, and if I’m not calling you this, I’m saying it about them: they’re liars, cheats, and a-holes of the first order. You want to defend them, knock yourself out, but please don’t pretend my truth is wrong and they/you/everyone else is on the side of right.

How do I not know what’s going on what’s I had the same damn problem you did? Except I had to wait longer for my books. I’m keeping this about the topic and you keep infusing it with personal negative comments that I haven’t yet taken offense to. Maybe keep that in mind. It’s hard being wrong but it happens from time to time.

What the hell are you talking about? Their shipping method is called “Lone Star Economy”, which is not a shipping method that the USPS offers. It’s simply what they call their lowest speed service, which ships via UPS Mail Innovations and their BPM service (apparently). That is NOT the same as the USPS BPM service, which is what you insisted they used for shipping. It is EXACTLY what you paid for, and if you had come in here looking for sympathy from delays at the post office you likely would have gotten it. But what you did was come in and talk about how you were getting scammed by a company that is 100% not scamming you, so people were rightly defensive of them.

The fact is you posted this topic I didn’t. If you don’t want people commenting with relevant facts maybe think about not posting it. Again I’m not defending anyone. Just pointing out that your gripe isn’t a valid one.

You bitched and stated they collected taxes and pocketed the money, Did you not? That’s a big leap you made provided with no proof. You at maybe you weren’t whining but venting and sharing an experience. To be honest the whole thing made you look bad.

You claimed that they paid the post office $1 to ship your package. You provided no proof. But that’s not relevant. Only to the narrative your trying to push of them being mass criminals who charge sales tax but don’t pay it and pocket $4 of the shipping for their greedy little pockets. Even if that were true it’s not the only cost. The fact is you picked slow shipping, you paid for slow shipping, you got slow shipping. The fact that you don’t think these facts are relevant shows just how wrong you are. It’s not I’m right you’re wrong. It’s relevant facts that you push to the side to try and make them look like bad guys.

Maybe read my posts and you’ll see I’m not a fan of theirs. I’m Also not a fan of BS which your complaint is.

If you feel you cannot let this go, and that you are deadset I’m wrong and are absolutely insistent I admit it… then I do owe you an apology. You did not suggest this, but perhaps I should have acknowledged that you may have things going on in your life that I am not aware of, just as I would have expected and did not receive the same courtesy.

My perspective is totally the opposite of you two, so we’re never going to get anywhere. I feel that you guys like to angrily shout down someone you think is wrong until you bludgeon them into submission, and I respect that if you have skin in the game. The difference is this means absolutely nothing to you; I’m left defending what I feel is a personal attack I owe zero proof on and you’re… trying to make me admit I lied, or am incorrect. That’s not a way I would ever want to be so unless you guys are the biggest fans of MCS in the world, then I cannot continue because I have no respect for arguing from that stance.

I don’t care if anyone agrees with me. What I do know is that I feel strongly we should have compassion and not dig our heels in when we think someone is ‘wrong,’ but even moreso when it means little to nothing to us. I made my point and I refuse to do that. You guys knock yourself out, the mods can do whatever they want, I’m done here, and if it means that much to you to be ‘right,’ you feel what you want to feel. But until you’ve been in the shoes of the person making what you feel are these wild, unfounded claims, I would question myself to what end does this defending of MCS accomplish. Have at it.

You can’t keep this about the topic. You have no idea what’s going on in strangers lives. I’m not looking for an apology and don’t need one.

I’m dropping it simply because we’re keeping this about the topic and you’re injecting personal stuff into it. I shouldn’t have described it as whining on your part. I will take that back. Everything else I stand by and feel is 100% relevant to this conversation.

1 Like

This was my second to most recent order. It contained several slabs and some raw comics.

Total was $400 and some dollars. I chose MCS Economy shipping.

Ordered on the 15th and got here on the 27th.

Same shipping method, BPM while it sucks your package got lost in the shuffle, and for speculation I agree you want it here as fast as possible, it does sound like your case is an outlier, like my Midtown shipment that took 25 days.

1 Like

No no… my July 1st orders are still… “in transit”… You’re not the only one suffering from Midtown’s… hey lets process this order, done. Now we let the book sit over there on the shelf for 10 days before we slap it in a mailer with a tracking number, then it takes 5 days to drop off at UPS for them to ship it out…

1 Like

Last post I’ll make on this ::

First, I think the title of the thread “The Crimes of MyComicShop” is pure hyperbole … what crime … ??

Second, mailing delays happen … they have happened since mail was invented …

Last, life is just too short to sweat the small stuff … most, if not all of you guys make a few bucks on the side on the spec or help defray the cost of your own hobby … it’s not like you’re making a living at it and have to put food on the table, etc …

It is amazing how much back and forth energy this Thread has generated …

I’m headed out to work a Food Giveaway as a volunteer, loading food people need into their vehicles … because that’s what the Real World is, right now … :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Yeah, no kidding. I had to buy 5 more hamsters just to keep the site powered from them running on their hamster wheels all due to this topic alone… :wink:

2 Likes