The King Spawn 1:250 CGC Signature Certificate-Game Changer?

Well of course it’s all about money…money is the name of the grading game.
If they did it for McFarlane, they’ll do it for others.
…and folks will pay for this, absolutely will consider it a bonus.
Hell of a play by McFarlane…like him or not…he knows how to make that cash.

5 Likes

it just seems like a coa that cgc is letting count as a witness thing, whereas other grading companies are already doing that

CGC Signature Series King Spawn #1 Submission Info

Pretty genius marketing ploy for both CGC and Todd. I’m impressed.

2 Likes

CGC: “We only give the signature series to books we witness.”
Also CGC: “Hey everyone, Todd cut a deal with us so you want to get your book slabbed with the yellow seal without having to take it to him?”

No shade at Todd, get that money.

3 Likes

The whooooooooooooooooooole kit and kaboodle from beginning to end with grading, is one big, giant, immense ponzi scheme that everyone buys into. And until folks start losing money, it will continue to be a ponzi scheme.

2 Likes

Jay Z dont think so…

If you read CGC’s official information about the signing, they say they will be having an authorized witness with Todd as he signs the books The COA that’s included is supposed to be the proof that the signature was witnessed and why they want it to be submitted along with the book. According to CGC, it will be impossible to duplicate/fake the COA.

2 Likes

Where to buy it?

I saw that now. Odd. It’s still just weird to me. Why not just encapsulate it then if it has a CGC witness? The whole thing is confusing.

I would imagine that the certificate would only be valid if there is a CGC rep witnessing the signing by Todd. If so, not sure how much such a process would help at a con.

If you guys are just interested in a Todd signature for the PC, this would be a cheap(er) option:

-Road to 300 print 16/250
-Road to 300 print 195/250

There’s also his guaranteed signed variant for spending $200 at his new toy store this week:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3366036596956195&id=1616167621943110

The dude leaks autographs like a boat made of Swiss cheese.

3 Likes

My LCS has one up for pre-order but at $730 there are way more books I’d rather have

2 Likes

You could just by 250 copies of Spawn and it would be a couple hundred cheaper

4 Likes

That’s a round trip ticket to some place awesome for a nice getaway vacation…

2 Likes

Pre-orders for King Spawn 1 now at …

497,000!

https://www.cbr.com/king-spawn-shatters-superhero-sales-record-last-25-years/?utm_content=bufferad9dc&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

2 Likes

“lowest printed spawn book”

4 Likes

They’re pulling that BOOM! tactic with the signings… retailers acting like consumers… :wink:

3 Likes

We knew it would be high, but WOW! :cloud: That is amazing for Todd.