The Next Black Adam

If ya smelllalalalala what Dwayne is cookin’.

The biggest draw for me anyway is the Rock flat out looks like Black Adam…sans the hair. If the movie is written well it should be good which would be nice. There needs to be more quality DC movies.

3 Likes

If he gets the pointy ears, he would look comic accurate, but I’ll settle for a good story. Wonder how they will introduce Hawkman, Dr. Fate and the other characters, so much to mine there for content. I wonder if the studio should have fleshed out these characters first and then paired them with Adam. Yeah, I am saying with all these characters its going to be a diluted story, but again I hope I am wrong.

Marvel does it all the time in their movies, seems like DC is just taking a page from their book. I don’t think it will be an issue, and they’re most likely introducing them so they can appear in the future hbomax series.

So has anyone read the first issue yet? I’m ordering it online and wondering if I should add a few more copies.

spoilers coming shortly

what else?

At the 8-minute mark is the spoiler for Black Adam 1

For the record, I am not planning on buying Black Adam 1 as of right now.

1 Like
2 Likes

cough next miles cough

Ok so the spoilers look really good. I mean it’s Priest so I’m not surprised. I’m going to give it a chance. I know that past iterations of Shazam hasn’t amounted to anything but I have confidence in priest. Malik is given his own name Bolt. In the end I feel Bolt will be his own fleshed out character. I’m going to up my order to 3 :laughing:. Have faith in Priest.

3 Likes

The problem that I have with this book isn’t even specific to this book it’s just a pet peeve of mine and that is reading characters with accents. Malik Adam, Rogue (from the X-Men), the broken English of Russians from Spawn issue 16, etc. Just irks me for some reason.

1 Like

$99 for the #1 1:100 at MCS

The accents add more realism imo. My pet peeve is when everyone talks the same whether they be in comics or TV show/media.

Anyone who watches the new WWE product feels my pain. They have the same writer so every wrestler talks in the same cadence and delivery in their promos. It’s aggravating, hence why I don’t watch it anymore.

1 Like

1:25 seems to still be up on TFAW (only version of #1 that is still up there).

Why ? People are selling the 1:50 for around the same price

I totally agree, it’s just a weird pet peeve of mine. Maybe it is because I have to force myself to read/speak that way? “Sugah” and such. Ugh.

I appreciate accents and what not in film and TV.

As long as it’s not in a Boston accent then I’m good…

I kid, I kid :grimacing:

You know what, same. But it’s not a pet peeve. It’s just hard for me to put myself into speaking like the character to understand the dialogue.

Also, i need to catch up on the egyptian gods and pharaohs. Lol.

1 Like