The Next Black Adam

But that’s 98% of what the big two do now. Everything is slightly different versions of existing characters, or blending two characters together in the name of the multi-verse, which will be the downfall of the MCU, in my opinion. If we can kill a character, only to bring that character back via a different dimension, then who cares?

I agree. It’s so lazy. I’m of the belief that Marvel needs to kill off (and PERMANENTLY KILL OFF) 1/3 of their universe. Focus on a single universe. Focus on new, compelling, interesting ideas and characters.

Grim is a good example. It’s a fresh, simple, unique take that’s well-written. Marvel would have made that Spider-Death 2099 from universe 3923 starring Wolverine-Squirrel Girl fighting against the sinister 23 from 10,000 years ago.

I got 3 pages into Spider-Man 2099 Exodus 1 before I shook my head and threw it back in the bag/board.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me Marvel needs a Crisis on Infinite Earths event? :joy:

2 Likes

Marvel’s new “Murder the Multiverse” event… coming this summer!

1 Like

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-problematic-white-name-malik-successor-dc/

His name will change. Its part of the story. We already know he will be called BOLT

3 Likes

Black Adam 2 was a lot better than the first issue, and White Adam / Bolt so far seems like a cool new character. I’ll be interested to see where he goes.

Lol @ people claiming controversy when Priest, an African-American writer, wrote him in as White Adam (for the time being).

1 Like

Clearly, Priest is having some fun and trolling us a bit.

2 Likes

Probably