Thor 5

https://screenrant.com/thor-5-villain-powerful-hela/

1 Like

Calling it now.

2 Likes

Read this earlier. Not a lot of info but as long as they put effort into not wasting a good villain like The God Butcher then count me in. Just make it good! Not too serious but not silly to the point Thor becomes a goof!

5 Likes

Mangog is a pretty good guess seeing Odin destroyed his entire race. Black Winter is new but very powerful and then there is always Mephisto.

beta ray bill story god damn it

9 Likes

Whatever they do, I hope someone can keep Taika’s comedic seasoning in check. It’s a fine line, but going overboard on the camp really hurt Thor 4.

8 Likes

This :100: :100: :100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

Thought we’re talking about Cates Black Winter here.

2 Likes

Hard Pass…as long as Taco Tiki is still directing…no thanks…

2 Likes

Yeah he really butchered the hell out of Love and Thunder

3 Likes

I think Taika hate is overblown,thor 4 wasnt great but he has so many good movies, Jojo Rabbit, Hunt for the wilder people, what we do in the shadows, I think its so dumb to label him a shitty director after one misstep

4 Likes

I’ll go to my grave in absolute bewilderment how the same director can put out a movie like Thor #3 that was (for most part) beloved and really enjoyed by most VS. that sh&t show of a Thor 4 movie a few years later.

How does that even happen from the same director? We’re talking polar opposites

2 Likes

What We Do In The Shadows is fantastic. Both the movie and tv show. If you want to see his comedy work, check them out.

1 Like

Seen all of that…he is still a shit director…

Im not saying he is a bad director, but Thor 4 was dog poop.

1 Like

I think it was a couple things.

1. The Jane Foster story was absolutely rushed (and that may or may not have been Waititi’s decision, it may have been from on high for merch and Porter contract reasons). The Gorr story was also under-served and rushed. With so many movies running 2.5-3 hours these days, here’s one that actually could have used more time to flesh things out, and instead it wraps in 2 hours.

2. The Waititi level. If the humor/twee-ness of 3 that people enjoy was a spice, Waititi had free reign to dump as much into 4’s broth as he saw fit, and it ended up with too much. The balance was thrown.

2 Likes

Yeah. Once you season you can’t unseason the broth

2 Likes

And once one masters an italian accent, ya cant make it sound greek anymore :man_facepalming:

1 Like

:100:

I don’t like when others label someone as overall shitty like this either. It’s like, are you just now a shitty employee moving forward for being late that one time? No.

3 Likes