Thor 6 surprise exsclusive

Evil Thor kinda looks like Loki

2 Likes

I know each to their own. I personally donā€™t care for that as it does not look like Thor to me. I get that he is possessed or something, but I still want my Thor covers to resemble him for the most part.

Dellā€™Otto 1:50 store variant! That is Thor I like!
I was randomly checking TFAW this morning & saw it!

That was my first thoughtā€¦ā€why is Loki on the cover with THors hammerā€¦?ā€

Pass.

I donā€™t care for shop variants that have 3000 trade and 1000 virgins (stilltalkingcomics)ā€¦but will on occasion buy one if I must have it, but only in trade for the pc. I donā€™t like not knowing what title or issue it isā€¦unless the plan is to slab it where the label will provide what I need. Iā€™m particular that way.

Like the Shannon Maer Harley 75ā€¦is there a better cover with both Harley and Punchline on it? Iā€™m shocked it hasnā€™t sold out. But even this set includes a ā€œlimited tradeā€ not a virginā€¦maybe that deterred buyers. I think someday that cover will hear up should punchline stick around and she/Harley become a ā€œthingā€ā€¦like partnersā€¦I mean partners in crimeā€¦I mean loversā€¦

ā€¦I donā€™t know what I meanā€¦

Either way, for the PCā€¦and I donā€™t really like these charactersā€¦

In the end, Iā€™m selling all my first prints of this series and sticking with later prints and running to the bankā€¦mostly because I think the later prints have the best covers. A covers do nothing for me in this run (except maybe issue 2ā€¦still debating which to keepā€¦1st vs. 3rd)

I passed on Thor 5 2ndā€¦Iā€™ll either ask my shop to hold it for me or grab the inevitable 3rd print.

I started grabbing multiple copies of Thor, after only taking 1 copy for the first few in the Cates series. Marvel setting this one up nicely for something down the road.

2 Likes

Yeah I hear all of you. Store variants are new to me. So Iā€™m only buying what I like. I enjoy knowing about 2nd prints and 3rd prints before the fact my 2 LCSā€™s had no Venom 2nd prints and again that preorder system with the discount cant be beat. Iā€™ve smoked a $30 1/8weed in a wknd and 10 books on preorder $27.90 these books cost cheaper. So I traded 1 vice for another with a longer high. And if I actually hit a key the flip is better.

Dellā€™Otto for $75 at Unknown Comics.

I like the Trade on this more than the virgin the lettering looks great

In any case, looks like #6 will be a book of some value now.

Itā€™s the end of the story arc I think so itā€™s gonna go out with a bang for sure.

Be wary of the ā€˜store variantsā€™, especially if you are new to comic speculation. There is a lot of them and they are not that exclusive. The majority never see any increase in long term value, and the high initial buy in makes them very risky for investment purposes. An open order cover A of any given book, available for preorder at your LCS, will cost you $4-$5. If you are paying $20-$30 + shipping for a store variant, that store variant will need to keep up in gains at a rate 4x-6x-8x the rate of cover A if you are to make out with a better profit then if you had simply invested in cover A at $4 a book. There is also a larger market for open order books then there is for store variants. Some shops who sell store variants have also used some very, very shady sales tactics in the past. Misleading claims on print runs, et al. Buyer beware of you are thinking of investing in store variants. Do your due diligence. :stars:

2 Likes

I prefer cover As and reprints with first cover appearances now. For that reason. I just happened to buy the Greg horn Venom 25 just because it was a first cover and I liked the homage to war machine/iron man 282 (pairs nicely with my 9.8).

3 Likes

Oh yeah Iā€™m def aware. I only buy what I like. No flip required. Goes up or down I want it in my PC. For flipping lately has been these 2nd and 3rd prints. These were variants I liked and these are high on value cuz I read the book etc new character etc but books like these
my shop didnt get so I preordered them. 1 for the PC the others to sell.

1 Like

Thor #6 is end of the story arc?

Yes, I believe Issue #7 is a new story arcā€¦ so itā€™ll be interesting to see what comes out of this first arc for Black Winter. Of course, donā€™t think weā€™ve seen the last of himā€¦

Well ā€¦ that makes issues 6 and 7 important then.

issue 8 cover and synopsis YOU GET A MJOLNIR, AND YOU GET A MJOLNIR, ANDā€¦
Everyone gets a hammer! Thatā€™s right ā€” come on down to Broxton, Oklahoma, and pick up Mjolnir for yourself! The famed hammer of the Thunder God is free for the takingā€¦no worthiness required???

Looks even better in person

2 Likes

I have to wait a little bit longer for mine since I got the CGC option but those are :fire:

1 Like