Thoughts on Funko Pops?

They created their own monster when they made pops of EVERYTHING in pop culture…

2 Likes

I saw them in a display case at an SDCC a long long time ago.
Was on a Milo Manara line for autographs and got stuck standing at the display case for this new item called Funko Pops.

I couldn’t believe anyone would buy them.
I certainly didn’t buy that year as a result of what I saw in the display case.
I haven’t bought any since that day.
I will not buy any in the future.

Big fat 0’s across the board for Funko Pops for me

1 Like

ruh roh… I think it would be good if they scaled back. Look at what sells, restructure a bit.

2 Likes

Funko is a dying company… unless they come up with something innovative, just producing vinyl figures that all look the same except some slight alterations to the head and paint, your audience is gonna start growing bored of the same ol thing…

2 Likes

just like Beanie Babies… flooded the market and killed interest

2 Likes

The have been around for a long while, they need to refocus. Stop doing crap releases. Focus on horror. There are a ton of things they could do to make a come back.

Exactly…

1 Like

I read on the SDCC blog that some people got food poisoning at the Funko Food thingy they had going on at the Funkovill. I guess people paid $150+ for a chicken sadwich and a goodie bag.

2 Likes

That’s terrible if that’s all they got from it.

1 Like

Here is the link to their blog to read the story. They even have a picture of what the chicken sandwhich looked like. Just sad…

1 Like

Oh my gawd, that chicken sandwich looks so gross. I would not have put that in my mouth. You can probably find a better sandwich (a few days expired) at a gas station…

2 Likes

Fyre Fest Part Deux - this was the Fyre Fest food

I’d rather use my money to wipe my ass with than buy FNKO shares…

1 Like

I find it hard to believe people got food poisoning…mostly because I find it hard to believe someone would actually think that was food.

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? We are now living in that movie…

3 Likes

Nah, in that movie everyone was at least willing to listen to Luke Wilson to solve their problems as they knew he had good ideas. In our reality people are stuck denying there are even problems. Aliens could invade and half the populace would tweet they don’t believe it while ray guns melted them.

2 Likes

So they almost got it correct in the movie… Geez, so picky! :wink:

1 Like

Did you ever notice they all wear crocs in Idiocracy? This is before they blew up