Today’s Gripe

I received a shipping notice from an order from midtown comics back on May 13th. Today I checked to see that the tracking indicates it hasn’t been handed over to UPS…so I contacted MTC via email to find out when they were going to ship it out and here’s the response I get:

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It looks like your order has been shipped as of 5/13/19 we apologize for the processing delay on the order. The order does not appear to be moving currently. You can reach out to UPS and see if they can provide any update. Otherwise you please contact us on 6/13/19 please let us know and we will figure out the best course of action to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you kindly,

Midtown Comics”

Seriously? I have to contact UPS? What are they going to say to me? That they haven’t received the package and contact MTC.

And I have to wait 30 days before MTC will even address the issue on their end???

Pathetic!

I’ve had this happen. It was an issue when UPS wasn’t scanning it to create updates for tracking. I’d give it a few more days before doing any inquiries.

So apparently my shipment from midtown is taking a nice ride around the country, first class. Dropped off at a USPS facility on 5/13 (keep in mind Manhattan is about a 2hr drive from my house). Showed up in San Francisco on 5/20. Decided to hang around for a few days before heading back east. In Springfield MA now…and with the holiday likely won’t be delivered until Tuesday.

I expect to see a lot of traveling suitcase stickers on the mailer when it arrives…

This is not all that uncommon with USPS …

I had that happen once as well. Shipped a book to NY, somehow they manage to stick it on the plane to Miami. So instead of sending it directly to NY from there, for some reason they sent it back to the main Dallas hub they had (and where almost all my shipped media mail goes through) before shipping it out to NY. It got there a few days late but at least the buyer was cool, knowing it wasn’t my fault. I think he was just happy I would feed him updates as I was checking it daily (even though he could have checked). Just goes to show I’m an awesome seller who provides the best customer service. :slight_smile: