Transformers G1 Walmart Re-Issues

Whatever. Just makes mine that much more rare!!!

Hehā€¦

Man I am so tempted to go back to walmart and get another one just so I can play with it.

The good thing about soundwave is you can take him out of the box without damaging itā€¦itā€™s when you apply the stickers is when itā€™s officially not able to be returned to original condition.

I bought two sets of the cassettes blister packs so that I could remove them and
Play with them. $30ā€¦little easier to swallow than paying $50ā€¦

Iā€™ve been seeing soundwave restocked but not the cassettes.

You can currently buy a 1984 G1 Soundwave, MIB, for $250/shipped.

What makes you think, Drog, that these G1 reissues from 2019 will ever be worth more than what you paid? And how long will that take? I dont have 35 years in me to wait for this new, reissued toy to appreciate in value, to the point of making it worthwhile to keep in the box, unused.

1 Like

40yearold

Everytime I think of toy collectors who donā€™t take them out of the boxes reminds me of that movieā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive got my eye out for the cassette blister packs now. :crossed_fingers:
I think I would like a Shockwave, Jetscream, Megatron, Jazz and Optimus too. I am not sure if all of those figures were reissued too.

Optimus was, but just the semiā€¦w/o the trailer. Was $50 USD, but since dropped to $25. It was available at Walmart.com this weekā€¦I didnā€™t grab itā€¦

I have the starscream reissue as well.

Jazz was a TRU reissue about 10 yrs ago.

If only I was that handsomeā€¦

ā€¦youā€™re not the first to make that comparisonā€¦but then I go through the list of toys Iā€™ve flipped for 100%-%1000 percent mark-ups and people realize I know what collectors likeā€¦mostly transformers and LEGOā€™s, though.

I actually consider selling my boxed versions, then buying opened toys for a fraction and pocketing the profitsā€¦

That is FAR from MIB, sorry. Come on, JC!

Youā€™re right, @D-Rog. Im not a toy guy and really unaware of vintage toy grading, and that was an admittedly very hurried search. But, if you can get that one, which looks like its in pretty good/decent condition, w/ the box for $250, how long would you expect to wait for these reissues to appreciate by 100%-200%, @D-Rog?

I am having a hard time swallowing $48. Dont think I could go $250. I havent been able to find the cassettes either. I was hoping to find those and play with them. @jcLu almost has me convinced to open it though (really not that hard if I am being honest about it).

Only if we all wereā€¦ :smile:

Not sure. A lot of the TRU reissues havenā€™t moved a bit. But I think part of that is the packaging which not only hides the actual toy, but doesnā€™t have that nostalgic feel.

Honestly I open them if I want toā€¦especially these boxes which you need only cut the tape at one end.

This should bother poyo a bitā€¦got this on clearance from TRU years ago for $50.

Iā€™m never going to open and play with it! Mwaa haa haa haaa!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m coming overā€¦ weā€™re gonna build some LEGOā€™sā€¦ :slight_smile:

Here you go, made a special emoji just for things like thisā€¦ :lego_ughh:

2 Likes

Actually, my sons got dibsā€¦heā€™s 5 now, but really into some of the more advanced setsā€¦if he ever gets into Star Wars then Iā€™ll likely sell it and buy home a used one plus some other cool sets or comics.

I donā€™t take them out of the boxes I know what toys in the past Iā€™ve opened as a kid go for. I rebuy all my favorite toys from the past unopened Lion-O, Black Suit Spidey and all the old Secret Wars toys, Darth Vader original, Talking Freddy Krueger, ninja turtles, Rocky Balboa toys from 1983 we have the complete set unopened. My husband use to collect Star Wars toys had 3000 unopened toys and vehicles ranging from the originals to the prequel toys. Itā€™s worth a ton now but sold it long ago when resealed Vaderā€™s were $50 now they are $500+. Kept a few things like a rare unopened tri card and a few of the unleashed toys. I have a pop worth hundreds that I didnā€™t even know for years was valuable, would of hated to open that up and toss the box. I do open all the special Marvel Legends large toys like the gauntlets and helmets etcā€¦,

In case anyone wanted soundwave or the cassettes, they are being marked down on clearance right nowā€¦like a lot of Walmartā€™s toys right nowā€¦

I couldnā€™t believe the number of Lego sets that were 50% off yesterday as I walked throughā€¦

Star scream is also still available online which is kind of surprises itā€™s been out for a long time and as sold out for a long time.

1 Like