USPS-cutting hours, longer delivery times?

Just saw this and well, let’s hope it isn’t longer to get our comics :slight_smile:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/22/usps-dejoy-plan/

Yeeaaa…

I think regardless of party affiliation everyone agrees DeJoy sucks as Postmaster general.

8 Likes

So mercari just raised Usps shipping 20% and now I’m getting worse service on top of a huge shipping price increase.

1 Like

I thought it looked higher suddenly. Glad I print my own shipping when I sell on Mercari. You should too, Alana!

If something happens and you use your own labels they will always side with the buyer and you don’t get that $200 free insurance from mercari if you don’t use and pay for their labels.

Meh, I always insure anything worth enough myself. I hear you though.

Use the mercari labels. If anything weird happens Mercari will just pay you and refund the buyer.

I also never use media mail. It had comeback to bite me more than I care to admit.

2 Likes

Louis DeJoy needs to go.I don’t care if you’re a Republican , Democrat or whatever party you identify as.This man is one of the worst postmasters in U.S. history.

6 Likes

Alright, I’ll listen to you and @Alana then!

1 Like

I’m fairly certain DeJoy has vested interests in private logistics groups.
He’s running the USPS into the ground to help raise his shares in these private logistics holdings.
A complete conflict of interest, where the average American will suffer the most. Capitalism at its heart.

3 Likes

I’ve never used it for comics either. I’ve already seen what the USPS can do to priority mail, much less something that is on the slow train. I only mail regular books or LP’s media mail. Usually ones in large boxes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How can they charge so much to ship, be so overwhelmed with mail, and be losing this much money?

1 Like

Because they passed laws in the 90s that keep the post office from showing profit and make them pay their pensions like 70 years in advance into its fund.

4 Likes

90s? More like 2005ish… USPS was rolling in cash until Congress messed them up real good.

I sent a customer an item a few days ago. He lives literally 2 hrs south of me (I’m in North Georgia). I tracked the item and it went all the way to mid-Florida, made a u-turn and came back to mid-Georgia. Insanity.

2 Likes

1 Like

I switched all my shipping to priority only. No more first class mail as it’s been taking forever. Well choosing priority and paying more isn’t making a difference. My priority packages shouldn’t be taking a full week to be delivered. Utter nonsense.

2 Likes