Vinyl Record Collectors

I’ve been on the hunt for Lord Huron’s Mighty EP Vinyl Record and for the life of me cannot find one. These are super rare and usually go for like $400+ from what I’ve seen in the past. So I’m asking you people, the CHU community who happen to be Vinyl Record collectors if you come across one, I’ll give up my first born for this record.

But while we’re here, we can talk vinyl records if you want as well! Rarities, what you’ve picked up recently, etc.

3 Likes

I am always looking for a self-titled JFA album. People always ask why don’t you just buy it online? Partially because no copies are ever listed but also the fun is looking for it. Not super expensive just hard to find.

My wife’s cousin is into Vinyl collecting. When she travels thats what she likes to do. Ill ask her to see if she can help you out.

1 Like

I like vinyl but am by no means a professional collector. Just have a smattering of fun things I’ve found or bought online. The only thing I’ve got anything, “Remarkable,” of would be some OutKast stuff as I love OutKast.

Today is Vinyl Record Day.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m told by some vinyl-seeking friends that Walmart has all its vinyl at an early Black Friday price of $15/each. Apparently includes double and triple albums and some, but maybe not all, box sets.

This is true, through 11/20.

I like my records as well. Found this in charity shop had to get it.

1 Like

I got the Thriller vinyl from walmart a couple years ago and when Vincent Price says hell they edited the word hell out. I will never buy music from walmart again.

Wow, that is incredibly lame. It’s a 40-year-old record that has sold millions, but yeah, we have to remove the word “hell.” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have an anniversary edition of the album on CD that has a few extras and apparently Vincent Price recorded an additional line of dialogue that wasn’t original released. I can’t remember the line now, but if I find the CD I’ll stick it in the car and play it.

I finally found (and secured by purchasing) my Lord Huron Mighty EP. It was the first time I’ve seen it listed on eBay in over 2 years I think (the last time I saw it it was already listed in the sold listings).

2 Likes