Walking Dead ending

Well sure BJ … trust me, I’ve had to eat my share … but, I am quite persistent and, of course, then there is Guido …

I’ve resorted to shaming people … after I had my first Heart Attack, I used that as a ploy to collect … if they are the sons and daughters of long time Customers, I’ll call their Parents … I’ve been out and about and seen them and will gently confront … gently …

The 3 month Deposit is The House Rules … and, I also explain that if they contact me and cancel, the next 3 months of books are pretty much paid for by the Deposit … a few people balk, but that’s Life …

The continued escalation of Cover Price over all these years really has made Pull and Holds something that just has to be kept a tight reign on … it does not take long for someone with a 15 or 20 book a month Pull List to add up …

I’ll add … I have never, and never will, talk up books as an investment, unless they are truly investments, Golden / Silver / some more modern … Comics are a Hobby … if they happen to go up in Value, well, that’s just a Bonus …

I see little to nothing these days that I believe has the staying power of the quality old stuff … most all seem to me to just be a flash in the pan until the Next Big Thing roles around … that’s just me and no reflection of the Fine Folks that occupy this Cyber Space … :vulcan_salute:

That sounds like a dream come true. I’m firm on the discount rules. Pick up in two weeks for maximum discount plus free b&b. Day 15 to Day 30 it drops to 10% plus free b&b. After 30 days it’s cover plus b&b for free but anything can be marked up or pulled for another customer if needed. It’s in big writing on the counter by the register so people know. I can’t see running to E-bay to get a new customer a copy at $15 plus shipping when I have a copy sitting in a box someone can’t seem to find the time to give me $3.99 for.

I type looking down with two fingers so I may edit a single message for an hour adding new thoughts as go.

I’ll add … I have never, and never will, talk up books as an investment, unless they are truly investments, Golden / Silver / some more modern … Comics are a Hobby … if they happen to go up in Value, well, that’s just a Bonus …

I don’t get a lot of HOT stock tips but I do get a few and don’t mind talking. I get good feelings on some books like Totally Awesome Hulk 22. I spend more time talking great reads and trying to get normal people to pull books that go HOT and sell while prices are stupid. They can almost always buy them back in a few years. I don’t see the hobby anymore as being a stock pile the attic full of everything with no exit strategy. Too much risk. Only keep what you love and part with anything from that if it gets stupid priced. I ship a lot to California and just yesterday it looks like it’s trying to fall off into the ocean again. Houses burning all over the place from heat waves, no rain, fireworks, floods, microbursts, and the current heat in particular cooking CA mussels in the shell on the beach this week. Imagine how many comics are baking in attics right now. Buy a great read but if you don’t love it let it go if there’s no inclination of a pending increase in value. If you know ahead of time like most people should have on WD193, order an extra to sell. Maybe a few.

And that tactic is perfectly acceptable to me. How long does it take additional orders to get delivered anyways?

Usually 2 weeks. As with everything in life, it’s a gamble if it will still be hot and in demand but those are the chances we take.

Convention exclusives though are a different beast. I don’t believe retailers get to order them frommdiamond, we have to fight the crowds the same as everyone else. If I’m wrong please tell me cause it would make my life easier at the convention.

God bless you willie. I respect people who take care of our armed forces. It’s a tough life for both them and thier family’s. If your ever searching for a comic hit me up and if I have it then it’s yours at cover.

I grew up as a military brat and the only constant I had in my pre teen life we’re comics. I have a few family’s around my neighborhood that are military with kids and I hand out freebies to them all the time.

1 Like