Walmart Packs - 3Q22

Someone posted a pick on facebook of new 7-packs from Marvel. Same deal as before. Two sealed 3-packs with a single extra issue. But, the price jumped from $10 to $15. These seem to be 3-packs from prior batches that didn’t sell and were returned.

Spider-Punk #1 was a title that came out on the toilet paper that rips when you breathe on it. Does the Walmart version have the marginally better “normal” Marvel paper?

That Moon Knight Facsimile cover looks good!

2 Likes

Maybe this spider punk #1 won’t be damaged like all the others were. I did not buy one because of that. So I’ll be grabbing this.

Also will be grabbing the moon knights. Don’t care for facsimiles with variant covers (don’t call it a facsimile as it’s not long an exact copy) but like that cover art.

Right on que. first weekend in August like the past few years.

2 Likes

Probably…still have to get to them before the savages rip them all open looking for hidden gems…

2 Likes

This. Especially if you like a trade dress cover without the UPC blocking part of it as they all move that block to the back cover, which makes them all variants, even if the art isn’t new.

1 Like

Can you Provide the pic? Or identify the group?

BTW, the color/art of the sticker on the front is how you Tell the difference between the various quarters/years these went on sale. In case anyone didn’t notice.

This Q appears to be a black sticker.

1 Like

Visiting a Walmart that usually has dozens of comic packs from past quarters…not a single one today.
Seems like they may be recalling these to put into the “7-packs” like noted above.

Not a trace they ever existed.

1 Like

There’s a facebook group called The Haul of Walmart, and it’s about comics. This pic was lifted from that group.

2 Likes

If anybody is looking to off-load an Obi-Wan pack, I’ll make it worth your while!

I’m….intrigued?

Looked at three Walmarts. None of them had a single Walmart pack. Not even the older ones.

A couple had employees restocking the shelves, but did not see any comics in the boxes they were unloading.

Little concerning I never saw the last round in a couple of these stores…wondering I’d they decided the theft and lack of sales no to order more.

Unfortunately as these packs have become more popular, we now have a ripper in my area. Walmarts all around me are stuck with ripped open packs just sitting there. This past quarter was the first quarter in about a year that I did not see the new ones at some stores, and others only had one shipment with no restock. That sucks. I wanted the Venom comic due to the exclusive cover, but I only saw it twice and the covers were crunched/creased in a corner so I passed. I was expecting a restock to try again, but no dice.

If I come across it in my travels this week, I’ll let you know. It may show up in the 7 packs, too.

I found them, I opened them, check out what is inside

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to add a background to Anthony’s green screen?

I actually do. Problem is I was also wearing a green shirt which made me look like just a floating head.

Sounds like a good idea for a Halloween show!

You are a “negative space” variant.