What do you think of Superman by J. Totino Tedesco (Action Comics #1030 variant cover)?

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

Tedesco is consistently great.

1 Like

I love Tedesco’s art. Sadly though, probably won’t do anything beyond being a nice cover price book sitting in your personal collection.

But, if we keep talking about it non-stop, we might create some FOMO and demand will rise from the chaos that ensues, we all flip it for $10 for a very brief moment to watch it fall back down to $1 type of book… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The same thing could be said about Amazing spider man 55 Lr.In my opinion ,this cover is iconic more so than the Amazing Spider man 55 Lr cover.This cover captures the pure imaginations of kids growing up who wanted to be Superman.

Yes but I think the main difference here is, Tedesco brings this type of art to the table every time… ASM 55 was more unique as it wasn’t ever done in such a style prior. So the unique captured most people’s attention, causing demand that turned into value going up…

That is a sweet cover. Cute and well-drawn.

I love the cover. Child’s imagination. Makes me smile every time my kids pretend to be a super hero.

1 Like

One of the best stories ever was with my little girl, she was probably 4 at the time. Wife already took the other kid to school and I was telling my little one to get ready cause I was gonna drop her off at pre-K.

Few minutes go by and she’s not downstairs as I’m calling out, “let’s go, what are you doing?”…

So I walk towards the stairs and call out again and then she jumps from around the wall in the hall at the top of the stairs, in her full spider-man :spider: mask with her spider-man webbings :spider_web: on her wrists that shoots webs, shoots me in spider-man pose and then runs off giggling…

I couldn’t be mad at that, was totally worth getting her to pre-K late and I was late to work which I didn’t care anyways (nor did my work care, particularly when I told my boss the same story)… :spider_web:

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that cover and put a mental check by it. I don’t read Superman but I will probably get a copy of that just for the cover.

That is a great cover, both in idea and execution.