What is the Biggest item you sold the past year?

I haven’t even sold the lump of coal at the bottom of my stocking from last year

2 Likes

Man how did you bring yourself to do that??

1 Like

I picked this one up to flip, it ended up being the same grade as the one I bought as a kid 30 years ago.

1 Like

I bought a big collection and graded the three biggest keys in it. “New Mutants 98,” “Uncanny X-Men 266,” and, “Amazing Spider-Man,” 300. Once those were graded and I sold all three to a friend for cash that he then went and listed for his comic-selling biz I had covered everything I spent on the collection (about $1,250). Anything else I sold that was vaguely notable or a dollar book from the collection was therefore pure profit, minus taxes and such I deducted. So that was cool.

3 Likes

It is a good book to own. That seems to be one of the books that didn’t suffer much during the past year and a half of price corrections.

1 Like

Sold a hockey card for $750. One of my biggest sales this year now!

3 Likes

Wow, what card was it? Gretezy?

A 1/1 Kirill Kaprizov. From the O Pee Chee Platinum Treasures 21-22 line. Was the golden treasure card. I was amazed to get it and as I’m more of a Blues fan didn’t hesitate to get it sold.

Well I remember spider man from his early stories, from his early Life the Romita, Ross Andru, bagley etc… Not that I got the 60s and 70s stuff when it new, but I did collect it as I grow older, I loved the stories, the characters. but what have they done to Spider-Man, now even in the cinemas they’ve turned him in to a kid he can’t grow up, can’t move forward, weak stories and a lost character, so I thought, am I gonna keep collecting just because I have always done so? I had every issue from 1962 to 2020, but now I’ve gone off the character I’m fed up with the way he is presented. I still get 1st apps like hallows eve…she was ok, but not the story. So i decided i wanted to semi retire and the comics msde that happen.