What Series did you Love that is total Junk?

I thought it was a fun series. I should go back and get the few I don’t have to finish the run.

80s indy book Justice Machine…no idea if it holds up today but as a teen spending his allowance in 50 cent/$1 bins in the 90s I made a whole run of this series from the bins and loved the more “adult” tone than the Spidey and X books I was used to.

1 Like

Judgement Day by Lightning Comics was fun read and early Karl Kerschl Art.

1 Like

What about Futures End? I know it wasn’t well received. It will always hold a special place with me as it was the first series I started collecting when I dove into comics hard. I am a huge Batman Beyond fan and it was most of the through when I started it, but it has always held something for me.

The book that I enjoyed reading and couldnt wait to get every time was Thanos Rising. The story was amazing and one of the best Thanos books out there (at least in my opinion lol). You can get some of the books for under cover and seen some in $1 bins myself. Such an underrated book.

2 Likes

Nobody thinks of the, “Wednesday Comics,” newspapers as having any monetary value, but that is my favorite weekly DC event ever, only rivaled by, “52.”

2 Likes

I had that huge, giant oversized hardcover of Wednesday comics.
I ended up donating it to Charity for a new furnace at a church.

1 Like

Warren Ellis Planetary and also The Authority. Both excellent series though I liked Planetary a bit more. Not worth cover price but series I’ve read several times.

I forgot one… Always have loved Elfquest.
Their first appearance is pricey but after that nada. It had a brief surge/popularity back in the eighties with the EPIC line release is all.

1 Like

Elfquest is one of those stories that would do very well if made into a high budget streaming show. The story was really good! For me one of the very top overall stories from the late 70’s to the mid 80’s.

2 Likes

In response to my love of early Image covers, the universe listened and responded. I don’t know the story of how WildC.A.T.s went from Image to DC, but it’s got a new series this fall. Digging these covers:

4 Likes

Elfquest was great, but for some reason I really enjoyed Sectaurs. I have thought about picking them up again, but I think it was more nostalgia than anything.

We’re those Travis Charest covers on the wildcats?

I think Jim Lee sold the rights to DC years ago.

No they are not, but they should make him do a couple.

Probably in order to pay him his own salary back… :rofl:

1 Like