Where to Pre-Order books by Month?

Hey comic fam, just a quick question.
Where does everyone order monthly pulls from? Looking for a good reputable online shop that offers a discount. I’ve seen Midtown, KRS, TFAW, but not sure what is the recommended and easy to use. I like Midtown, but they are like a month out and not taking January orders.

I was using unknowncomics.com, but they are no longer doing the 30% off pre-orders that they have for the past 3 or so years.

1 Like

Do not use Unknown comics. They will eventually not fill orders completely. Just wait.

2 Likes

I’ve had great luck since switching to @DarkDominionComics here on the forums. The FOC is easy to do every week and they also list TPB/Omnibuses and things like Star Wars Insider.

Packing is top notch. Books are packed in small boxes which are then bubble wrapped in a larger shipping box. I wind up recycling a lot of the packing to ship out my own ebay sales.

6 Likes

Dark Dominion, TOSS, State of Comics… all are good choices.

6 Likes

try a local shop first

3 Likes

I know. I’ve got 4 around me that I use for books I miss the pre-order for, but I got use to the discount and discount means extra books!

1 Like

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I stopped using the last month once they stopped the discount. I made one last order in Nov. for a few December books.
I did run into them refunding just a book or two every once in a while. I never had a negative experience and I did like using them, the website was easy to use and customer service was good. It’s time to move on.

Awesome, that’s 2 for Dark Dominion. I’ll be looking into them. I appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

Make it 3 for Dark Dominion.

3 Likes

A lot of love on this forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Sincerely, thank you guys for the recommendations! We’re just here trying to do right by you all.

8 Likes

I’ve used Westfield for years and they’ve been great. I also have utilized Dark Dominion at points and been pleased.

2 Likes

If you have a local shop, talk them into connecting to League of Comic Geeks. It basically lets me pre-order anything I want, and it’s waiting in my pull folder each week. My shop does 20% off for pull listers, too. Best of both worlds. I absolutely love it.

1 Like

Westfield was my very first experience preordering comic books. And let me tell you, I COULD NOT wait for my package to arrive as a kid :smile: (Incidentally, the same feeling we hope to conjure up for our customers)

1 Like

Are you Looking for a reoccurring pull, like a “subscription? And have your books delivered once per month (or more frequent regular period)?

Or do you just want to order what you want when you Want? And pay shipping by order?

1 Like

if the window closed there then the window closed everywhere else

1 Like

Just monthly orders, I don’t want to subscribe, the only book I always grab is ASM. The rest are just what I want that month and pre-order a monthly shipment.

Let’s hope not. I still see the discount on most of the other websites that were recommended. Unknown might be shifting costs a little to cover their number of variant covers they push each month.

I’ve used TFAW w/ shipping to Canada for the last three years. I’ve never had a problem with an order.

1 Like

I haven’t ordered books from Dark Dominion but I did get some bins a ways back and it was a good experience.

1 Like