Why has the price of UF4 fallen so much in the last year?

He is competing with Tosin now. Divides the pie.

3 Likes

Really you just have to look at monthly sales between the soon to be rebooted Miles Morales title and the recently rebooted Amazing Spider-Man and you will see who king spider is. I could care less that a couple children think Miles is the only Spider-Man they will get laughed off this forum they day they grow up and show up on CHU and I blame the parents for not teaching their kids about Peter Parker.:joy:

3 Likes

I would say those numbers are because the kids don’t buy comic books anymore, only us adults do.

3 Likes

This is why we need newsstand comics on the spinner racks at grocery stores and so on for the kiddos to discover and then fall in love again with comics… It’s turned into a big boy/girl only hobby, with a large majority just tucking them away into protective sleeves with backer boards into long boxes, never even reading them and only pulling them out when they’re “valuable”… so they can sell them.

3 Likes

Yup. I remember when my youngest was buying his Spider-man books he was bummed to find out that one book he wanted was way over priced cuz it was “HOT”. Good thing his dad bought it for him lol.

FYI- Double Touble was the book

1 Like

You know people get old and die right? It isn’t just a couple children. It’s all of them from 2015 on. Miles is in scholastic books, animated movies, kids cartoons. I’m old enough to be their parents and I didn’t give two sh!ts about Spider-Man until Spiderverse. There are plenty people like me.

Comparing Parker keys to Morales keys is idiotic and ridiculous anyway. Let’s compare a '52 Mickey Mantle to an Aaron Judge rookie while we’re at it.

You laugh everyone off of this site that doesn’t agree with you, so how is this any different?

1 Like

Pretty sure the last Disney cartoon with Miles in it is called Spidey and his Amazing Friends not Miles and his Amazing Friends. So just because some 8 year olds watched Spiderverse and fell in love with Miles all the toddlers are watching Peter Parker as Spider-Man and Miles is named Spin Spider in Spidey and his Amazing Friends so my toddler is a fan of Spider-Man and so will that generation.

2 Likes

Didn’t we have the “kids think Miles is Spidey” conversation when the book was at like $350 in 9.8?

1 Like

I’m sure we did :joy:

1 Like

I would look to the over printed asm 300 as a parallel. Someone said it right, when these kids turn 30/40 they will be chasing these books when jaden smith’s kid is planning miles in the third reboot

Now - can someone help me compare the amounts of 9.8 in each book? Maybe there is a big scarcity difference at play snd it’s not the same

1 Like

The economy is probably the biggest factor and all books see increases and decreases. I’d say if prices are down it’s time to buy UF4 while they are.

8 Likes

This is just CGC. So just a sampling. But we’ll over double the UF4s than ASM 300 in 9.8.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked, but I’ll venture a educated guess that those CGC numbers have grown significantly as well over the last couple years. So, not only is the number quite high; but the rate of increase of high grades issues (9.4 - 9.8) is likely very high also. That will likely continue to grow and certainly does not help boost up that FMV

2 Likes

Goes back what I mentioned earlier. I honestly still think this book is still overpriced. At best, the price today should really be like 10-15 years from now.

1 Like

You’re the same person that complains about forced diversity .You’re only okay with Miles being Black Spider man because you have something to gain from investing in that character.

Would you be okay with Amdaeus cho being the Hulk or A White Black panther? If you say no, you’re a hypocrite.

1 Like

If you’re going to get personal, take it to PM please. Thanks.

If you can’t get your point across without calling others names, you lose all credibility. Keep it clean, attack ideas, not people. It’s a really simple concept to follow.

3 Likes

Is there anything wrong with just liking Spider-man for Spider-man or Hulk for the Hulk? Marvel has capitalized on everything. Nothing is sacred to them, and some would say everything gets watered down because of it. Not everything they are doing is a stunt or cash grab but some of it certainly is. Preferring Peter Parker and getting a little tired of hundreds of Spider-men/women all the time doesn’t make a person a bigot, hateful or wrong. Sometimes there is just fatigue with everything Marvel/Disney is doing trying to please everyone all at once. Not sure I worded all this right, but I tried.

5 Likes

I like Peter Parker as Spider-Man.

I like Miles Morales as Spider-Man as well. I think he’s a great character to add a little diversity/culture in the superhero world so our more diverse world of people can relate to the character.

Read the stories, follow the characters and relate to them if you can. Stop worrying whether they make you money or not… that’s just a bonus at the end of the day!

4 Likes

What are you talking about?

2 Likes