Why has the price of UF4 fallen so much in the last year?

Don’t worry about it. Take to PM from this point please.

I think in order for the collectors of the future to really desire and care about UF4 then:

1. -They obviously have to care about the character—I think this will clearly happen/has happened.
  2. -They have to care about a characters first appearance in a comic book.

#2 will be the issue in my mind. Just because someone has a great love or fond childhood memories of a subject matter/character/whatever doesn’t equate to them wanting to collect or have an expensive item related to said topic.

There was nothing more near and dear to my heart than Star Wars in 1977. My fondness and continued love of Star Wars was always tied to the toys however. I love everything Star Wars, but I never cared about the comics as a child. I’d actually put trading cards above them in the hierarchy.
All things being equal I would choose just about any other comic book over a Star Wars #1 if we are talking dollar value.

I love this comic hobby but I just don’t see the mass appeal and younger generation collecting and cherishing comic books they way many of us do. Times have changed.

Just my thoughts on it. Again, that isn’t me knocking Miles or the book. I just don’t feel the high price is justified.

2 Likes

I’ve actually been adovating for Jim Parsons Black Panther for a while now, but no one takes me seriously.

1 Like

How those marvel previews 95 doing

I was buying records in the 90s, it was not the young buying them typically then. Now vinyl outsells CDs and it is likely driven by younger buyers. Always a chance comics could gain an audience like vinyl.

2 Likes

Star Wars #1 is doing very well, as well.

As is Transformers #1, GI Joe #1, Thundercats #1

All toys that had comics…and didn’t really take off in price until the last 5-10 years or so.

These are not rare comics. Even as newsstands which command a premium are not hard to find.

As a fan of physical media I love cassettes, weirdly enough.

I’ve been buying cassettes again when I pre-order vinyl from the artists new releases when they have them available.

Miles was created over 10 years ago. He (Miles) doesn’t fall into the recent lunacy that is today’s society, and its forced social agendas. Miles was very much an organic character. Thats partially why Miles is a successful character. Because he isn’t some lazily derived, forced diversity character.
Diversity, like most things, shouldn’t be forced onto anyone or anything.

6 Likes

Dude, I’m totally chomping at the bit for Cho to show up finally. Also, if they want to have a white dude hang out in Wakanda with Black Panther and be the White Panther that could be fun, they already had Bucky as the White Wolf so why not give him another cameo?

Miles was also one of only two good things to come out of the God-awful, “Ultimatum,” event. The other good thing was the Maker AKA an evil Reed Richards. He’s fun.

1 Like

Miles wasnt in ultimatum, ultimatum happened in 2009 and Miles didn’t show up till 2011

Wasn’t Ultimate Fallout a direct result of Ultimatium? Am I remembering things wrong?

It was way later. The events of Ultimate comics: avengers has the ultimates and avengers teams fighting, punisher shoots at captain america but peter as spider-man jumps in and takes the bullet, then he has to go home and fight off the ultimate version of the sinister 6 and dies as a result, which leads to miles taking up the mantle.

Clearly, my memory is quite foggy as I thought Peter Parker died in the flood Magneto made. I need to revisit some of this stuff, obviously. Thanks!

it was setup like that but peter survived and then ultimate spider-man got restarted as ultimate comics: spider-man for a while before ultimate fallout 4

Isn’t Ultimatum the name of another Miles Morales character? Another version of Miles, I think that is what is causing the confusion.

There is him too, maybe that’s why I got everything all messed up.

The Maker is awesome!