Would you stop shopping if you

I have friends that I do not agree with politically. As long as they don’t force their opinions on me I am ok with them. We have other common things to talk about and we do make fun of each other about some political things once in a while. I don’t see what all this boycott stuff is about. Might just be me? But if I like a product or service from store then I am ok. But if there were two stores next to each other I might chose the one that shares my “beliefs” more. But for the most part don’t f@*k me or throw things in my face and I am all right.

Now if the person is a jerk or charges you more money because they are biased against you then more on. The main point is “Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face”.

Who is this Q, not the guy from Star Trek?

Are you asking who QAnon is? It was pretty much a reddit post or something, all conspiracy BS with zero facts to back it up… people take that crap too far, believe weird things for weird reasons (maybe cause their lives are empty and sad) and it just took off from there… now we got people running for office believing the nonsense spewing from QAnon… it’s just very very sad, so sad…

I highly recommend anyone interested in why people believe conspiracies to read Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time by Michael Shermer… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

QAnon is not political. It’s a whack job, socially dangerous ideology at this point.

3 Likes

It’s not directly but indirectly it is… cause now we got politicians running for office that believe such dangerous nonsense…

1 Like

Technically, a politicians religious beliefs (QAnon is essentially a cult church for nut jobs) and public policy should be two wholly different things. Hence the separation of church and state. But, yes, they all try to thinly veil their beliefs into their public policies. But I digress.

1 Like

Thinly? Meh, you haven’t met most of the Texas Congressmen then… they don’t represent the people, they represent themselves… :wink:

1 Like

Just my perspective:

I don’t care if the person wholeheartedly believed that a flying pink unicorn was his personal messiah, as long as he didn’t force his views on me or anyone else. Now, comic shops are gathering places for some individuals with some very differing beliefs. Alot of times, conversations get rowdy and loud.

The topics may make me roll my eyes, but the owner should be the one tasked with directing things in a direction that isn’t offensive to the average customer. I wouldn’t hold the owner responsible for oddball offensive comments, unless that owner was fully invested in that conversation and not working to shut it down.

Personal beliefs are just that…personal. The moment they start being shoved at me is the moment me and my money are out the door. Until then, let him pray to his unicorn :unicorn:

2 Likes

I like this “flying pink unicorn” you speak of… I’ve been following the flying spaghetti monster but I’m getting tired of his noodly appendage… :wink:

1 Like

Oh no, are we turning into a cult now? I’ll draw a Unicorn for our bible cover. It’ll be ugly cuz I have no art skills.

1 Like

Sweet, the uglier the better…