X-men relaunch titles

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/x-men-summer-2024-titles-creative-teams

2 Likes

Looks like new characters introduced in exceptional x-men
ā€œHaving stepped away from the world of mutantdom, she is nevertheless called back into action as she crosses paths with a trio of new young mutants, Bronze, Axo, and Melee, who clearly need training and guidance. Unfortunately for Kate, Emma Frost thinks so as well!ā€

Exceptional X-Men sounds like a hoot, but Iā€™m partial to the Average X-Men and Indifferent X-Men lines coming this fall once these are rebooted after 5 issues.

2 Likes

IMO, none of these sound good. Marvel needs to focus on & put out 1 title. ONE !! The more you put out, the more it gets diluted.

5 Likes

The Usual X-Men?

The One and Only X-Men.

The Incredible X-Men

The Mighty X-Men

Journey Into X-Men

McKay and Stegman on a title? Iā€™ll definitely check it out! I was just thinking that I havenā€™t seen Stegman do any interiors since Venom 35 and Vanish.

They need to find some better artists ā€¦ this anime crap needs to go ā€¦ that Ultimate X-Men #1 was ā€¦ bleh

2 Likes

Stegmen could be fantastic here. His art on Vanish was 10/10 in my book. The story was a mess, but thatā€™s not on him.

3 Likes

Man I love Stegman. Specially when he did Scarler Spider. The art and story was amazingā€¦

1 Like

Apparently Capullo is going to be doing the art on the wolverine series

1 Like

Well that will be two on my pull.

Iā€™m pleased to see a return to the classic trade dress on these titles. The Muller designs helped cement Krakoa as an era, but personally, I got tired of that look 4 years ago.

what are they going to replace storm and phoenix when they are cancelled under 6 issues ?

2 Likes

X-Man: The Heroic Journey of Caitlin Jenner.

X-Lovers: The divorce of Emma Frost and Tony Stark.

X-Machina: From Sentinel to Nimrod.

X-Post Facto: Understanding X-Men Continuity

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna make a blog post about this but I feel like this is one big step backwards for the franchise. They literally gave them their own island and I understand thereā€™s maybe only so many stories they can tell but weā€™re just going back basically to the 1990s with a bunch of outlaw X-Men hiding out in bases and helping people and mutants. Meh.

1 Like

Almost as if X-Men 97 is on the way.

Also, donā€™t forget that the X-Menā€™s whole thing is being ā€œHated and feared by those they are sworn to protectā€.

Also, do mutants still control Mars??

Ah yes, ā€˜97. TouchĆ©.