Youngblood # 2 - slab or sell raw

I have a about 25 youngblood #2 1st appearance of prophet. Sales have been picking up for this book however should I just sell these raw or slab them. Raw copies are going for about $20-25 bucks while a CGC 9.6 is about $100 and CGC 9.8 $200-300. These books are borderlines 9.6 and with a press the cost would an additional $35 per book to get graded. Is it worth getting these books slabbed or just sell them raw.

1 Like

I did a little of both with my WCA#45 the 1st appearance of White Vision. I sold 4 raw and send 3 to get pressed and graded. That was about 6 months ago…

Yep I’d sell enough to pay for the pressing grading expenses on the rest.

I am slightly worried about the CGC turnaround times at over 6 to 8 months with a press. I got a stack of venom books graded last year when they were smoking hot and when i got them back 8 months they barely cover grading fees. Does the Youngblood #2 have staying power?

If I where in your shoes I would send 5 to get graded. And sell 10 raw and keep the other 10 to see how the market plays out. And in 8 months when you get those 5 back from them graders, you can decide what to do with them.

You can’t predict the future but it least you have 10 copies to play with.

Just my opinion…

3 Likes

By the time you get them back they’ll have long cooled off. I think Prophet #21 is a good one to have as well.

Short answer. No.

There are a million copies of that book, and I highly doubt the demand will outweigh the supply. There are currently 892 active listings for Youngblood #2 on eBay alone.

4 Likes

And probably 89200 copies still sitting in comic book shops buried under other boxes in their storage closets… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes