Your Favorite Comic Everyone Else Seems to Hate?

This idea for a topic popped into my head today when I was chatting with a friend about comics we love which other folks seem to despise. I actually like the Marvel Max series, “U.S. War Machine,” that Chuck Austen wrote. The sequel series was awful, but the first black-and-white one was actually kinda good. The one Chuck Austen-scribed comic I like, I guess. Some folks hate anything by him.

Hickman’s Avengers/New Avengers ending in 2015 Secret Wars. Loved every minute.

1 Like

Spawn

1 Like

Batman Hush. But I’m sure most don’t hate it. I have run into quite a few in shops who don’t like it at all

2 Likes

rick and morty

1 Like

I love the Spectre (especially the Ostrander run) & The Demon (anything with him).

Dane Cook. Oh wait….

1 Like

Teen Titans Go!

2 Likes

Dell Four Color (and other Dells).
I still read them when I get new ones. There are only hundreds of 1st appearances of legendary and noteworthy characters (including timeless Disney characters).

But there are no trailers coming next year and no one is reporting rumors so they get poo pooed and dismissed. I mean who knows or cares about Bambi, Snow White, Pinocchio? They’re just yesterday’s characters anyway and ya can’t get a 9.8 on those books :roll_eyes:

Care Bears

I was going to say Fraggle Rock. Not that I actively read it. But did when I was first getting into comics.

I toyed with grabbing a 9.8 a few years back…they were around $100…now I see they’re up to $500+…and a remake I hear is on the horizon.

I’m sorry Rob, I additionally have to hate on you for Care Bears :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like