Your Favorite Cover

This type of topic has been done in the past, but it’s been a few years. Let’s see your SINGLE favorite cover. Time for tough decisions.

I’ll start. Man, this is a challenge, but I’m gonna go with a classic.

11 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

I have a Batman 423 problem.

9 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

It’s funny. When I was collecting back around 1990, I was a big Batman fan. I remember being at a non-comic shop, and I found this 3-pack of slightly older Batman books on sale. 421-423. I bought it, thinking I got a good deal. Upon opening it, I realized it was a second print, and I felt so scammed. Second prints back then were trash. But, I kept the books because I loved the covers.

Somehow, the book stayed in nice condition. It’s probably a 9.4-9.6. Still have it. FANTASTIC cover.

1 Like

It might not be the flashiest or most dynamic cover but I find this cover breathtaking and always appreciate Middletons work and consider him on another level

11 Likes

My favorite modern.

7 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

Def a good one, also a nice key. This one is up there too as far as Thanos covers imo

4 Likes

Those Thanos covers are some of my favorites in my PC. But my all time favorite cover has to be Silver Surfer 4

10 Likes

I bought the same pack. I think 422 is a first print, but 421/423 were reprints.

Still have mine as well!

4 Likes

I had my eye on the Middleton Batgirl cover for a while. Prices have come down quite a bit and I’m getting close to pulling the trigger. It’s a shame I wasn’t a CHU member back then and was combing through the FOC lists. I’m pretty sure had I seen that cover I would’ve pre-ordered 100 copies.

1 Like

One of my favorite covers ever, it just cracks me up:

3 Likes

While not a true homage, this Thor cover always seemed at least inspired by SS 4. This is a favorite of mine:

3 Likes

I just checked mine. All three issues are labeled as second prints on the interior page. :man_shrugging:

Maybe they were a mix of first/seconds?

I just did a search, and I think this was the pack?

1 Like