2026 Death List 💀

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/49568985/don-nelson-second-winningest-coach-nba-history-dies-86

4 Likes

I forgot that dude was a congressman lol. RIP

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow. We deal with Tommy John care in baseball a lot.

1 Like

You’re saying kids get this injury? Thought it was an adult thing from arm overuse.

Roughly 35% to 36% of active Major League Baseball pitchers have undergone Tommy John surgery. The steepest increase occurs among teenagers aged 15 to 19, with youth UCL injuries and surgeries climbing over 340% over past decades.

Wow
that is insane. What is going on?

1 Like

A lot of high school and college kids have gotten it. I know it’s brought up a lot when discussing prospects, sometimes as a positive that they got it out of the way already. The reasoning being that it can improve the ligament and possibly stave off another such UCL injury.

Pitchers are throwing MUCH harder than they were just a decade ago. Misiorowski hitting 105 mph and many starters hitting 100 mph routinely during the game. It’s not just relievers anymore. The max velocity for a human arm to throw is supposed to be 108 mph, so people are close to that line
Crazy

1 Like

Gone are the days of Phil Neikro

1 Like

Yeah. Over use and not properly doing arm care routines (stretching before hand icing after) plus travel ball coaches reusing pitchers too soon. Many kids don’t make it to college because of injuries.

Joe has had a shoulder growth plate injury and an elbow one. I am extremely cautious with what he is allowed to do. On the team I coach I have limits for pitching below what the accepted age guideline is. Won’t reuse pitchers in a three day span. I also make sure they are getting their stretching in.

For the longest time the common understood thing was not letting kids throw curveballs too young. Now I think they have realized that it’s not the curveballs and changeups but trying to throw 100% arm all the time.

1 Like

https://www.tmz.com/2026/08/16/hayden-panettiere-dead/

3 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Damn, that was quick. He just announced he was leaving the tour due to health issues yesterday I think. Such a shame. :frowning:

1 Like

Was Beard the only one without a beard?

Yep. I seem to remember their bassist Dusty Hill died not too long after “taking a break from touring” as well. RIP

Dolly Parton, Country Music Legend, Dies at 80, Just 4 Days After Saying, ‘I Still Have so Many Things I Want to Achieve’

Wow, she had a long fulfilling life but still, another iconic person most of us grew up seeing in the public eye a lot is gone. RIP

3 Likes