2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

~Canceled~

2 Likes

I guess throwing unsold copies in Walmart 3-packs wasnt profitable… :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Did the first printings even sell out?

Also, as it is across the board maybe demand for later printings isn’t what it used to be as speculators are not jumping on these as they once did in droves.

It boggles my mind where they come up with the choices of cover art…they put out these new characters knowing they drive sales, but then miss the opportunity putting them on the cover of the later printings in almost every situation lately.

It’s like throwing money away…lack of communication within or maybe just not gathering data on what actually sells books? Do leadership, marketing and sales even communicate on these reprints? Either way, not recipes for success.

Someone with limited facts (or the wrong facts) is likely making decisions. Because there is money to be made in reprints if they follow a simple formula (e.g. put the new characters on the cover of reprints).

8 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :point_up:

2 Likes

Well put, @D-Rog!

1 Like

There’s still demand for later printings on many books. I could list several later printings that sell for double or even triple of the earlier prints. Darth Vader 3 4th print comes to mind.

1 Like

BATMAN #131 2ND PRINT

1:25 VARIANT

4 Likes

3 Likes

DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE 2 MOORE 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

GOLD GOBLIN 2 MEDINA 2ND PRINTING VARIANT [DWB]

MONICA RAMBEAU: PHOTON 1 MARESCA 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

TIMELESS 1 [2022] ZIRCHER 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

TIMELESS 1 [2022] NAUCK 2ND PRINTING 1:25 VARIANT

MARY JANE & BLACK CAT 1 TBD ARTIST 2ND PRINTING VARIANT [DWB]

SCARLET WITCH 1 PICHELLI 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

SCARLET WITCH 1 RUSSELL DAUTERMAN 2ND PRINTING VIRGIN 1:25 VARIANT

3 Likes

I ordered the Batman 131 2nd printing, however I’m pretty sure Red Mask = Bruce Wayne

1 Like

Please no. We already had the latest Venom baddie revealed to simply be Eddie Brock.

I trust Zdarsky WAY MORE than I trust Ram V. I think that Zdarsky will make this interesting where as Ram V never seems to keep my interest very long.

1 Like

Zdarsky has rarely let me down, you are correct.

Ram V I think shines with this own creator owned mini-series and stories. Zdarsky is an awesome creator as a writer and artist I think. He can do it all. He’s kind of like Jeff Lemire, he’s a damn good writer and artist, those are rare.

2 Likes

Eight Billion Genies #1 (of 8) (5th Ptg)
Eight Billion Genies #2 (of 8) (5th Ptg)
Eight Billion Genies #3 (of 8) (5th Ptg)
Eight Billion Genies #4 (of 8) (4th Ptg)
Eight Billion Genies #5 (of 8) (2nd Ptg)
Eight Billion Genies #6 (of 8) (2nd Ptg)

Anyone else think Image is making a massive mistake by making every Eight Billion Genies cover look so similar? I honestly don’t know which issue or print is which at this point.

3 Likes

As long as they’re selling, they likely don’t care and the minimal changes saves the creators/publisher money by maximizing their profits by not spending too much time for the additional prints.

1 Like

Eight Billion Genies has eight billion variants lately.

1 Like

just thought of something what printing is the lcbs blank?

ROGUE STATE #1 3RD PRINT

GODKILLER: FOR THOSE I LOVE I WILL SACRIFICE #1 2ND PRINT

COVER A

COVER B (SHIPS IN A BLACK POLYBAG)

4 Likes