2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

Here’s the thing. Aside from the 2nd print 1:25, I don’t think any of these subsequent printings are going to be “the book” IF this character has longevity.

The first printing spoiler has that iconic intro cover quality to it. It’s instantly recognizable, slab worthy, and homage worthy. All these other covers people are spitting out are just homages of other covers or uninspiring. Some of them are cool, or nice…but they are far from “great”, much less iconic or homage worthy.

Now, if Marvel puts out a 1:50 or 1:100 cover that rivals the first print spoiler, that could change things (waiting for the announcement of a 1:25 3rd print…). I’m not saying there’s no spec or not to pick up a few of these…just saying don’t go heavy…no one is getting caught off guard like Venom 3 3rd (which was stellar,and also a cover appearance).

I have spoken.

5 Likes

Unless they go the UF#4 2nd Print Pichelli route where Spider-Boy/Bailey is partially revealing his face like they did with Miles. Not a homage version either, but something neat with a face reveal. That can probably sell a 1:25 3rd print.

I was also looking at the Edge of Spider-Verse #3 which is supposed to be the Origin issue and they have a 1:25, 1:50, 1:100 for this book. Correct me if I am wrong, but origin issues really don’t command high dollars in the long term, do they? I can see out the gate with the ratio covers being higher priced, but long term not be as much.

2 Likes

The Dirty-D hath spoken indeed. I must say that I agree with you here. I don’t think any later printings are going to catch anyone off guard because of the hype associated with this character. Good call on potential future ratio printings as well. I think a lot hinges on his origin story.

SPIDER-MAN 9 MARK BAGLEY 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

That’s not spider-boy. Boooo!!!

2 Likes

BLACK PANTHER 1 CHRIS ALLEN 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

SPIDER-MAN: INDIA 1 ABHISHEK MALSUNI 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

2 Likes

STAR WARS 35 STEPHEN SEGOVIA 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

1 Like

Unless they put the new BP character on a 1:25, that is a big whiff by Marvel.

1 Like

the 2nd print 1:25 will just be the Rahzzah variant…

This should be your cover Marvel

Yeah, any cover with her. Totally flubbed it.

Head too big, knees too pointy

LOKI 1 GERMAN PERALTA 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

VOID RIVALS #1 2ND PRINT COVER A

VOID RIVALS #1 2ND PRINT COVER B

6 Likes

Those both are Sooooo much better than that crappy 1:100.

Love the Monster at the End of This Book homage! A childhood favorite of mine.

I must have both now.

I really must use this Grover meme more often…

6 Likes

Oh man I didn’t even notice the homage and I have read the Monster at the End of the Book a million times.

1 Like

SOMETHING EPIC #2 2ND PRINT

3 Likes

Well, crap. I think I need to buy that just because it was a favorite kid’s book of mine.

1 Like

IN HELL WE FIGHT #1 2ND PRINT

2 Likes

Unknown Comics offering Void Rivals Grover CGC 9.8 for $59 plus shipping.

Thanks. I need to be cutting back in expenditures. so going free and floppy on new books for a while.