2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

because back then people had the mentality
why buy later printing when i have plenty of the 1st printing

1 Like

Why does that book make sense, and all other don’t?

It’s all just different ways of collecting comics. Just like chasing high grade newsstands or foreign books.

One of the huge differences between todays reprints and yesteryear is today they get new art in many cases, and even feature a character the first print did not. So it’s really hard to compare today’s reprints to 30-40 years ago.

To me anything that makes the hobby exiting is a good thing. And if something is done in excess then the market will eventually correct it over time.

Just buy what you like and love and you can’t go wrong (unless you find yourself selling your first born to attain a book you love… that may be considering going too far…)

4 Likes

I stopped buying only what I loved a long long time ago.
Conan & Archie Digests, Limited Edition Hardcovers would have me on the poor farm over the years.
Sadly, the things I think are well written, enjoyable, and SHOULD be worth more than purchased for are worth less than the water bridge over Death Valley.

None of the aforementioned are cool or “dope” or have “sick” covers; or are associated with movies or TV. That’s what sells; that’s what I buy so that I profit monetarily. And I still don’t read the unappealing junk I buy which makes it all the easier to unload to someone who does think it’s sick, dope and cool.

4 Likes

I but old Batman, old horror books, Marvel keys…

But I buy New Marvel and spec books to pay for all that other stuff.

2 Likes

What sucks with some of the 2nd print 1:25’s, especially from Marvel is that they take the 1st print 1:25 cover and then make it black and white or make a slight modification to it with no real thought. I know the Venom #3 3rd print was huge due to the 1st Knull on the cover, but I think Frankie’s Comics had beat them to it with Knull on the cover. The market has decided the 3rd print is the one to go for.

These days I’ll only go after these 2nd print 1:25 if I really like the character like Spidey, Venom, or Miles…or if it has to do with Symbiotes. I’m also a Batman fan, but DC doesn’t go this crazy which is good. Other than that, I’ll use the 2nd print 1:25’s to help fund the hobby.

a large portion of collectors dont count store exclusives, hence why frankies is not sought after

3 Likes

Maybe other stores will learn not to make exclusives people aren’t asking for, just to get some more incentives. But, stores aren’t happy till the market crashes or they are bankrupt

It’s what separates us from animals.

Everything in excess until it kills you.

2 Likes

because you demanded it
W0RLDTR33 #1 4TH PTG (MR)

MAY238749

IMAGE COMICS

W0RLDTR33 #1 4TH PTG (MR)

$3.99

ORDERS DUE: JUL 10, 2023

ORDER SUBSCRIBE

WISH LIST

W0RLDTR33 #2 3RD PTG (MR)

MAY238750

IMAGE COMICS

W0RLDTR33 #2 3RD PTG (MR)

$3.99

ORDER SUBSCRIBE

WISH LIST

W0RLDTR33 #3 2ND PTG (MR)

MAY238751

IMAGE COMICS

W0RLDTR33 #3 2ND PTG (MR)

$3.99

ORDER SUBSCRIBE

WISH LIST

1 Like

God, I hope that 4th print is a new cover…

2 Likes

pick a color

1 Like

im tired of the color variations.

3 Likes

but its the image way

1 Like

We might have to create a new thread if it goes to a 5th printing.

This thread only goes up to 4 printings…

1 Like

I demand a foil cover.

1 Like

the dc way

1 Like

@billyraybob

Damn you Image !

W0RLDTR33 #1 4TH PRINT

W0RLDTR33 #2 3RD PRINT

W0RLDTR33 #3 2ND PRINT

4 Likes

I may be the only person who kind of likes how each, “Worldtr33,” printing makes the image more weird and distorted but otherwise the same. It is kind of a cool gimmick and fits with the story.

1 Like

Yeah same was also done to The Nice House on the Lake later printings. Burned edges but still same artwork used from 1st print.

So by the time we get to the 8th printing we won’t even be able to distinguish any objects in the image…

1 Like