2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

The Sickness #1 2nd print

3 Likes

if this is GITD then it’d be really cool

WONDER WOMAN #800 2ND PRINT

WONDER WOMAN #800 2ND PRINT VIRGIN 1:25 VARIANT

2 Likes

Aaaaaaand there goes the spec on the first print.

Glad I only grabbed one. Discounted.

And being a $7 book, not too many shops are going to strive for 1:25…

4 Likes

When Midtown and TFAW do their big 75% off sales, we might find WW #800 among those in the sale… Those big anniversary numbered books always end up in the big sales.

5 Likes

Glad I only picked up one copy of this at release. These second printing incentive ratios are really messing with values of books up.

3 Likes

I thought it was more of a Marvel thing. I thought wrong.

1 Like

Nope, DC use to not even do regular ratios but they’re going the way of Marvel to push those sales…

1 Like

Ratios on anything besides a first printing just irritates me a lot.

2 Likes

Remember the first time Marvel did this…it was some immortal hulk cover that was ugly as sin…and people still lined up to buy it paying crazy money…

4 Likes

I thought the Hulk one looked cool, but I still hate these later printing ratio variants. Then they did more of those weird wraparound covers with characters where it didn’t even make sense.

It needed a quality 1st app to stick around with a cvr like that. Most places want the whole 2nd print investment covered by the ratio sale price. So I don’t even bother . Tfaw doesn’t, as you know

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE 3 HUMBERTO RAMOS 2ND PRINTING VARIANT

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE 3 HUMBERTO RAMOS SKETCH 2ND PRINTING 1:25 VARIANT

Regular is better than the 1:25.

2 Likes

Oh…a 1:25 of the second print to ruin any value it will ever have…neat.

3 Likes

It never did have value as an origin story…then it turns out it’s not even that.

The only possible spec is in the child in the spider slayer story…and that’s baby spec so it’s a long shot regardless. Not really worth a second look.

I may pick up one for the cover. That’s all the time (and money) I may spend on it.

3 Likes

Usually when you have a 2nd print 1:25 are those more valuable over time or is the go to back to the first print 1:25? I’d think the second print being more scarce would be since there are less orders for those, but who even knows anymore since Marvel keeps pumping these out.

Agreed on the story aspect. If that ends up being Miles kid, there is some potential with this book to blow up down the road.

I still don’t understand why 2nd prints are now sometimes more valuable than 1st prints and dilute the value/spec of the 1st. Sure, they may have a smaller print run and “the market decides”, but they are still essentially reprints and not even “true firsts”. When I started collecting, 2nd, 3rd, etc prints were just when something really did sell out and the subsequent prints were just so people could read/collect them. The real value almost always stayed with the 1st print, unless it’s something like Ms Marvel on the Captain Marvel 17 2nd, which is the exception and makes sense. It just seems like forced scarcity for the secondary market. Anyway, I 99.9% just collect and never sell so, whatever. /rant

1 Like

Gotta catch 'em all mentality. I do the same thing with books I like.

1 Like

Cause stuff like captain marvel 17 2nd print or venom 3 3rd print got really pricey and people started thinking any 2nd or 3rd or 4th print or whatever would reach those highs but they dont realize if everyone and their mom is also buying every subsequent printing then it doesnt make them worth anything