2nd 3rd and 4th printings!

I’m not sure what you mean. You can set your settings to ship every 2 weeks, month, etc…so your orders are larger and not in the mailers.

I’ve set mine to every 2 weeks and haven’t gotten a mailer since.

They are one of the few sites that lets you keep adding to your preorders over time without making you pay shipping each time you preorder as well. That drives me nuts with other sites when I keep having to pay multiple shippings.

I had one of their reps say this exact thing once. I killed her with kindness when I explained to her that as a company shipping me items I purchased, it’s their job to make sure the item arrives in the shape it left their hands. I agreed with her that USPS and the shipping companies should “handle the property that doesn’t belong to them with more care” but should not leave it up to me to spend likely countless hours that will result in them doing nothing since the item was not insured. If the goods are getting damaged, TFAW should follow up with USPS to treat their packages with better care. TFAW has the upper hand against USPS or the shipping companies, comply or we use a different carrier and you likely miss out on a lot more business each year.

After that it was smooth sailing as she told me to keep the damaged copies and they were sending me new replacements.

When you kill them with kindness and logic, you win every time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, this is one of the huge pluses I’ve seen now when using TFAW. I also love the fact you don’t get charged until they process and ship, unlike every other online shop.

2 Likes

I was super nice to him and he sent me a replacement that was damaged. Then, I let him have it. :frowning:

1 Like

I try to be super nice the whole time. One has to realize, this person just sits and answers the phone with what is normally grumpy unhappy customers all day every day. I mean, you don’t call customer service when everything is A-Okay right?

I’ve done my share of tech support long ago. Another thing people tend to forget is these people have access to a lot of your information. You get one bad apple and bam, stolen identity by them simply sharing or selling your info, etc. I mean, you get someone crazy enough, they might just show up if they’re not far away… Yes, once when I did tech support, we supported local people in town… during the orientation they said rule number one, do not show up at a customers house ever. Then they proceeded to tell the story of a employee who thought the girl who called in sounded cute and nice, so he just decided to show up… of course she called the police, they avoided a lawsuit and he got terminated. Don’t think they went as far as to pressing charges but I’m sure he had a hard time finding a job after that.

During outages and the call volume would skyrocket, people were just nasty. Once the first thing out of someone’s mouth was cursing me out for the service being out, I just started to hang up. My manager watching call times on his monitor noticed a lot of “hangups” by me… he walks over, “What’s the problem, I’m seeing a lot of very short calls as if you’re hanging up?” My response, “Well, I’m getting paid $12 an hour so when they start off the call after I greet them with a super happy “How can I help you?” and they proceed to call me every name in the book, they can wait another hour by calling back to get someone else. You don’t pay me enough to sit here and be verbally abused. So you can fire me right now and make my night a whole lot better or just let me take care of the decent customers we have since there’s hundreds of people waiting in the call queue for help, you’re call”. He shook his head and walked back to his office.

I could write a book about my time doing tech support… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Going with toss comics. They got my Legends books here before anyone else and packaged great. Just might go ahead and spend $100 and get free shipping because why not.

Oh, my version of letting him have it is requesting a refund and having my preorders canceled. I would never curse or chew someone out over a comic book.

That doesn’t work for people such as myself that buy 80% of their books from the lcs, and he 20% I’d like them shipped pronto in case there is flip potential.

Even with books shipped monthly if two books span across that last week they get shipped separately and maybe the next month doesn’t have any issues to combine with.

I like to combine comics in separate orders the way I want them to be grouped to save on shipping.

You’re just gonna have to order 4 of everything each week then so it shows up in a box instead of a rigid mailer… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, and shipped ups so they throw it in front of my garage door where it gets rained on or I back out over it (has happened…both circumstances…one of the reasons I have security cameras now).

I don’t flip, so it works for me but I get the need to want to get them faster.

1 Like

I think it is mostly the whole “2nd prints are rare and therefore better than anything else” craze that is all the rage right now helping that one get hot…That and I suppose Galactus spec is starting up… Its gotta be something but yeah, one inflated sale has set fire to the 2nd print especially. It really doesn’t take much these days! I do agree with you, even tho the prices are kind of nuts for it right now I do think there is some very real spec value with them.

Isn’t this Thor 5 / 3rd print just Thor with dark coloring holding the hammer? I don’t see black winter per se. Or is the character holding the hammer black winter?

Yes, that’s Black Winter taking the form and shape of Thor.

1 Like

Quite a few additional prints on FOC this week. Snake Eyes 1 2nd Print
Thor 1 3rd Print
Thor 3 4th Print
Thor 4 3rd Print
Strange Academy 2 3rd Print
No cover images of course as I check everyday and these were posted sometime btwn 3am and this evening. Www.unknowncomics.com

Covered dropped for Thor. I’m liking.

2 Likes

I really like the one with Beta Ray Bill! All aren’t nice though. Not unhappy about getting any of them.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter #1 3rd printing. No cover posted yet.

https://www.tfaw.com/star-wars-bounty-hunters-1-3rd-printing.html

Beta Ray Bill is awsome Cover.

1 Like

Yeah Idk what it is but I’ll bite for 2 copies