A look back when we talked Black Panther

2 Likes

Hahaā€¦ thatā€™s how I am with booksā€¦ "Oh man, this book is gonna be greeeaaā€¦ NM, Romita Jr. is drawing itā€¦ "

2 Likes

Good info! Thanks for posting.

Well this certainly blew up over nightā€¦cheapest on eBay now is $200 VF/NMā€¦that wonā€™t last long.

I feel silly having sold copies for $15-$25 now. I guess Iā€™ll list one of my NM Copies nowā€¦

I bet itā€™s that same feeling Alana had when she had 20 x Thor #5 in her cart at Midtown for cover price that she removed before checking outā€¦ :wink:

I made $100 off that black panther book already no regrets still have a NM+. Itā€™s a good lesson here to never buy anything comic Tom talks about you will be buying $5 books for $200 in no time once all those hand gestures memorize you into mass FOMO. I bet the guy who bought my last copy I had up for $45 thought he got over on me bwahahahaha

I guess Iā€™ll put the NM+ up for $300 lol

1 Like

Black Winter I still did well with without the regular copies. I flipped 3 1:25 #5 and 1:25 #2 all for double what I paid and kept a #5 1:25 for myself which came back from the graders a 9.8

I canā€™t tell you how much that ā€œvery fine ā€˜comicsā€™ bookā€ drives my OCD nuts!!! Every time I see itā€¦

Iā€™m gonna make sure all my listings from now on are detailed asā€¦ ā€œItā€™s a very fine, unread comic. You will love it, Drogio approves this messageā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€¦unread ā€œCOMICSā€œ bookā€¦upon reading that my head would explodeā€¦

1 Like

Just to revisitā€¦the Annual doesnā€™t seem to be slowing down whatsoever. In fact, itā€™s gaining steadily.

Just wait for an official announcement that Shuri will be the new Black Panther and all this is gonna go nuclear.

1 Like

No doubt. When Chadwick passed people bought a lot of my Black Panther and Shuri comics I had on Ebay. It will be doubly so when it is official she will take over the mantle in the MCU.

Edit: Ok so if you click into the actual book, it does mention futuristic alternate universe, but the key alert notification doesnā€™t mention this, and itā€™s usually those alerts that prompt buying sprees.

The annual is a great book to have and it should def have value but key collector is misleading people by leaving out that the cameo is of an alternate universe Shuri, not 616 Shuri. Itā€™s still the first appearance of a Shuri Black Panther, but 616 Shuri doesnā€™t show up until the Campbell cover of Black Panther #1 and story wise in the pages of #5. If Shuri takes on the mantle in the MCU, it will be 616 Shuri and I think some BP Annual buyers may be disappointed when it comes to light later.

I kept my best condition copy of both the annual and BP5. Sold all my other copies. Itā€™s clear what potential these books have seeing how they pop with no major movie or rumorsā€¦Now I play the waiting game.

None of that different Earth different Future stuff matters since Spiderverse and Spidergeddon. The MCU is not the 616 anyways so having to collect 616 appearances to cover the MCU Earth-199999 doesnā€™t make any sense. You should be buying preludes if you want first MCU Earth-199999 appearances.

Iā€™d also imagine the people who watch the movies seeking out firsts donā€™t give two cents about the different Universes. Only you nerds who know the differences careā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes