Absolute Carnage Spec

STARTING BID $4,000

6 Covers now turned up. It appears to be a Cover A like suspected they will all be a variant of. Side note, it appears it is a Marvel Comic and they don’t offer FREE pickup so there’s the whole shipping thing to contend with.

There’s also a secret Variant mixed in with POX 3

Am I reading this right? It appears people on E-Bay are listing the Standard cover as the Secret Mix In.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpowers+of+x+%233.TRS1&_nkw=powers+of+x+%233&_sacat=0

The secret mix in should be the 100 year in the future versions Rasputin and Cardinal not Illyana and Nightcrawler.

Thats whAt i thought. I had to re read the solicite again as i was going to buy one.

Which did you get fewer of? I’m seeing all sorts of contradicting info/posts as to which one is the secret???

Heh, i only use these as well!! Another vote for the Gerber Full Backs, takes a lil more space in the box, but man that with 2M Mylars work great!

agreed…absolutely love them. Just hate the cost–becomes a pretty massive expense in and of itself.

1 Like

This is going to be fun. I got
27 copies with Rasputin and Cardinal.
4 copies with Illyana and Nightcrawler.

That makes it a 1:10 mix in roughly and Diamond flashing the wrong cover as the standard cover ordered by anyone selling presales using that cover.

I got all Rasputin and the red night crawlerr and thought I hit the jackpot. Sent a email to diamond saying these aren’t the covers I ordered. I don’t expect they will get back to me.

How many copies did you have come in? It seemed to be the 1st comic in the stacks of 10 when I was unboxing although I picked up two in my first handful so I must have had some sloppy extras from other pulls.

I had my 1st Bonanza sale from the E-Bay imports just now after turning it active this afternoon. It immediately removed the item from active E-bay listing to the UNSOLD folder. I had to use PayPal shipping to print the label which is fine for most options. There may be a shipping option thru them I don’t know about that offers more diversity than PayPal.

After shipping, I scanned a new copy to load, selected Sell Similar from E-bay’s UNSOLD listing, swapped out the pictures, raised the price 1 penny so I could know it was a new listing and put it active on E-bay. It took me about 3 minutes to get to Bonanza and search it out but it was there when I got there already.

$15 item so the Bonanza fee should be $0.53
E-Bay I think charges 10% of the entire amount so the fee for the same book with shipping at E-bay would have been $2.32 so I saved $1.79 in fee’s. (PayPal’s fee would have been the same either place it sold)

It may not be a nice Powers of X secret variant but importing your E-Bay listings over there for FREE may be a bigger plus in the long run than several surprise variants. Hopefully this puts a whole new income source into play that all CHUsters can benefit from.

i only did 5 of each cover so i could get 2 of the 1:10 variants

So i did not get any variants

I only grabbed a couple Skottie’s and put the rest into A Covers since I figured the “New Character Reveal” Cover’s would all be preempted by store exclusive covers like #1’s and I expect most everyone to get killed off in HOX 6 anyway when the real X-Men show back up from AOX to wipe out the POD People duplicates. I got enough A’s to qualify for the extra discount and 3 Huddleston 10 QTY’s also.

An auction just ended for the #5 of 20 Bagley Spider-Man Sketch. The sellers opening bid was at $4000. The auction received zero bids. So, they are not worth $20,000. No set market yet. But we do now know that they aren’t even worth 20% of the ridiculous price bleeding stool had in its headline.

Heh… yeah, one must start the bidding lower. If you really want to see what the likely demand is, just set a damn reserve price.

I thought E-Bay was going to send me another notice in the last 5 minutes so I could bid at the last second? I got one with an hour and 55 minutes to go and got wrapped up in watching Captain America Winter soldier on Hulu and forgot to check back. Maybe they’ll repost it.

Don’t tell me you were going to spend $4k for that sketch?

No, I was thinking of snipping at $4002 in the last 15 seconds just in case someone else slipped in at asking and someone else at $4001.

I wouldn’t spend more than $200 for that book… and at $4k, I’d rather go on a really nice vacation with that type of money.

You could probably get an awesome Bagley original piece done for under 4G if you wanted too, and still have cash to go on a vacation.

Yup… Lots of Bagley sketches and decent ones already slabbed for $500 or less…

That’s what I’m thinking in terms of value. This isn’t any different than having an artist provide a sketch on a blank cover. Yeah, it’s a little cooler that it’s a golden ticket kind of thing…but $4000? No.

1 Like